EDL Preconform: Option to ignore Black slugs

• Author

Mel Matsuoka

EDL Preconform: Option to ignore Black slugs

PostFri Dec 20, 2019 8:52 pm

I'd like to see an selective option to ignore "BL" events in an EDL, where Resolve simply places an empty space in the preconformed timeline, rather than simply leaving the black events in the notched source file. I find myself having to go in and delete these black events by hand, which can be very tedious in a long or complex, multilayered EDL preconform workflow.

I should probably clarify that I often do EDL Preconform workflows, where I export multiple tracks from the offline into individual self contained ProRes 4444 files. For example I will place all supers on v5, all pan-and-scan photo clips on V4, all R3D sources on V3 etc. Then I’ll import them into Resolve as EDL preconforms, then rebuild the offline track stacks by copy/pasting each preconform into a master timeline.

In order to do this, however, I need to remove all the unneeded “BL” events for each track. It’s usually not a big deal to manually delete them on shorter timelines, but on longer, more complex ones, it become a bit tedious to do this manually
Resolve Studio 18.0.2 / Decklink Mini Monitor / 14" 2021 Macbook Pro Max (macOS 12.5.1, M1 Max) / 32GB RAM

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests