Color Tab – Playhead Jump

• Author

deniszarubin

Color Tab – Playhead Jump

PostWed Jan 08, 2020 10:43 pm

When clip is selected in Color Correction tab, playhead jumps to the first frame of that clip. Really annoying, especially when you have overlapping clips. Please disable that feature or make an option for it.

Thanks!

Jim Simon

Re: Color Tab – Playhead Jump

PostThu Jan 09, 2020 8:26 pm

I prefer the current behavior, which operates in the following priority:

1. Start at "Automatically cue" point.

2. Start at end of transition.

3. Start at beginning of clip.

If you're simply trying to compare two clips, there are tools for that which obviate this type of change.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

deniszarubin

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 6:49 pm

Maybe I don't understand something.

Two examples:

1. I have a clip with a fade-in. I click on the clip to color correct it and playhead jumps to the first frame with 0 opacity. I can't see anything because it's transparent at that frame, now I need to scroll to the right manually.
2. I have 100 clip sequence on track #1 and one long adjustment clip on track #2. I click on the 99th clip, make color correction and then want to check settings on the long adjustment clip. Playhead jumps to the 00:00:00. Now I have to scroll far far to the right.

What am I doing wrong?

Mark Grgurev

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 10:31 pm

deniszarubin wrote:Maybe I don't understand something.
1. I have a clip with a fade-in. I click on the clip to color correct it and playhead jumps to the first frame with 0 opacity. I can't see anything because it's transparent at that frame, now I need to scroll to the right manually.

Turn on Unmix. It's the button to the left of the mute toggle.

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostSat Jan 11, 2020 8:56 pm

deniszarubin wrote:Maybe I don't understand something.

Two examples:

2. I have 100 clip sequence on track #1 and one long adjustment clip on track #2. I click on the 99th clip, make color correction and then want to check settings on the long adjustment clip. Playhead jumps to the 00:00:00. Now I have to scroll far far to the right.

What am I doing wrong?

That’s normal.
You can tell the machine to jump x frames into it in the next clip via settings. If you choose a big number (is 9999) it will jump automatically in the middle frame.

If you do the dissolve [cut at end] instead of cut at beginning, you will jump at the first clear frame. I always go tru my timeline and switch all the dissolves to cut at end for this very reason.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

RalphBrown

PostFri Sep 24, 2021 4:09 pm

This behavior seems pretty user unfriendly to me. I'm animating the color in a clip and want to do operations right at the end, but if I accidentally move one frame off the end I can only get back to the end of the clip I want to edit by first selecting the clip, which jumps to the start, then scroll all the way to the end. Certainly lots of edits happen at the start of a clip, but they also are very common at the end.

Why not just let the user select a clip and keep it selected no matter where the playhead is?
Dell Precision, Windows 10 Pro auto update, Intel i7-10700K, 64 GB, AMD Radeon VII, Bluetooth Soundcore Q20 headphones, 1 TB SSD, 16 TB hard drives.
Davinci Resolve Studio

DerPaule13

PostFri Jan 14, 2022 6:32 am

Absolutely agree!

Especially when adding some keyframes in the colorpage I often need those on different clips also and at the same position. The way I do it now is to remember the exact position of the timeline (timecode), selecting another clip, the playhead jumps to the start of that clip ( :cry: ) and then moving the playhead to the remembered position.

Is there any way that the playhead just stays exactly where it is when selecting another clip on a different track at the same position in the color page?
DR 18.5 B41 | Win10 Pro 64 bit | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | 64 GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 3090 (24 GB) (SD 512.59) | NAS 1621+ w/ SSDs | NAS 1819+ w/ HDDs (DR PostgreSQL DB) | Network & Internet via 10GbE LAN | Avira Anitvirus

iamjon

PostWed Sep 06, 2023 9:00 pm

Agreed. This behavior is frustrating.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests