Prepend Node Graph?

• Author

Mel Matsuoka

Prepend Node Graph?

PostTue Jul 07, 2020 7:21 pm

I'd love for there to be a "Prepend Node Graph" option, as a companion to the existing "Append Node Graph" option.

This is related to the workaround I am using to selectively apply a FixHighlights LMT to a clip in ACEScct project space, where I have to create a 3 node conversion "sandwich" before the actual grading nodes. Since I've already graded many clips where I need to apply this conversion sandwich to, I'd love to be able to quickly apply this sandwich to the beginning of existing node graphs from a saved PowerGrade.
Resolve Studio 18.0.2 / Decklink Mini Monitor / 14" 2021 Macbook Pro Max (macOS 12.5.1, M1 Max) / 32GB RAM

Jim Simon

Re: Prepend Node Graph?

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 4:04 pm

I think your need would be fulfilled by the following, no?

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=96227
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Mel Matsuoka

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 7:29 pm

Jim Simon wrote:I think your need would be fulfilled by the following, no?

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=96227

It would, but only partially (although I do agree with your request that Nodes should be actual "objects" that can be copied and pasted, so you could also do this in the middle of a node graph, if you wanted to.)

But it seems to me to make more sense to add a "Prepend Node Graph" option, if only because the "Append Node Graph" option already exists.

And maybe to take the feature full circle, maybe also add an "Insert Node Graph after Selected Node", as well. That way you could get the benefits of copy/pasting nodes as individual objects, without having to actually manually do the copy/paste (e.g. if you're applying the Nodes from a saved PowerGrade, made specifically for these purposes)

This way, you can prepend nodes to multiple clips at once, with a single operation. Copying and Pasting nodes from clip to clip would only be a clumsy workaround.
Resolve Studio 18.0.2 / Decklink Mini Monitor / 14" 2021 Macbook Pro Max (macOS 12.5.1, M1 Max) / 32GB RAM

Jim Simon

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 9:22 pm

Good thinking. Both ideas would benefit the colorist, I think.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests