No Automatic Loading of Fusion, Fairlight, Color at Startup

• Author

bmcfarl1

No Automatic Loading of Fusion, Fairlight, Color at Startup

PostMon Aug 03, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi Guys,

I was thinking that if a lot of users just used the Resolve editor and not used Fusion, Fairlight, or Color that much, could we have settings to enable/disable those three modules (Fusion/Fairlight/Color) from loading on startup? And, when we want to use one of those modules, the module loads when we click on its tab on the screen.

This might help out users that are on weaker systems that use Resolve mainly for editing and not animations/coloring/audio editing by reducing startup time and memory usage.

Just brainstorming!!! Have a great week everybody!!! :-)
Windows 11 Home (64-bit), Intel i9-12900H @ 2.5Ghz cpu, 64Gb DDR5 ram, Samsung 1Tb 980 Pro NVMe SSD, built-in Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (16Gb ram), & Davinci Resolve Studio Version 18.x

Mark Grgurev

Re: No Automatic Loading of Fusion, Fairlight, Color at Star

PostMon Aug 03, 2020 6:56 pm

It would only really save a tiny bit of memory from loading some of the unique parts of the pages, but it wouldn't actually speed anything up.

The audio engine in the Fairlight page is the same audio engine used in the Edit page.
The color engine and FX used in the Color page are the same used by the Edit page.
Th Fusion page's compositing engine is use by all titles, some transitions, and some generators in the Edit page.

bmcfarl1

Re: No Automatic Loading of Fusion, Fairlight, Color at Star

PostMon Aug 03, 2020 8:08 pm

Hi Mark,

Gotcha...I was hoping the modules were not so integrated in the other areas of the application. Thanks for the info!

:-)
Windows 11 Home (64-bit), Intel i9-12900H @ 2.5Ghz cpu, 64Gb DDR5 ram, Samsung 1Tb 980 Pro NVMe SSD, built-in Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (16Gb ram), & Davinci Resolve Studio Version 18.x

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests