Marking Narration for Fusion Bullet Points

• Author

Gregory Douglas

Marking Narration for Fusion Bullet Points

PostSat Sep 19, 2020 2:02 pm

What's the best way to sync add-on bullet points in Fusion to specific times during a narration audio clip? The easiest way to do this would be to simply add markers to the Fusion composition clip in the editor timeline and have those markers appear in the Fusion page timeline but I can't figure out a way to do this.

The only method I could come up with is putting the editor play head at the point in the narration where a bullet point should appear then switch over to Fusion (where the play head mirrors the edit timeline) and adding a guide to the Fusion timeline. But then you have to switch back and forth with the editor to move the play head to each additional bullet point.

Is there a more efficient way to do this?

Jim Simon

• Warnings: 1

Re: Marking Narration for Fusion Bullet Points

PostSat Sep 19, 2020 2:20 pm

Add your votes.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=96222

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=96223

For now, you can edit the Text of a Fusion title on the Edit page.

Gregory Douglas

PostSat Sep 19, 2020 2:33 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
For now, you can edit the Text of a Fusion title on the Edit page.

How do you do that?

Jim Simon

• Warnings: 1

PostSun Sep 20, 2020 3:14 pm

In the Inspector.

TheBloke

PostSun Sep 20, 2020 6:03 pm

Jim means with a Text+ node added from Edit, or with a pre-created Fusion Title / Fusion Generator / Fusion Transition.

These are currently the only way to expose Fusion node controls to the Edit page. The basic principle behind them is you save a Fusion macro in a certain folder, and thereafter it can be added and controlled from Edit. They're very useful, but suffer the major downside of having to be pre-created, and not being able to access any timeline media.

A big hope / request of mine is that eventually it will be possible to select any node in a Fusion composition and by some method (eg a right-click context menu) choose to "Export Node to Edit page". This would make this node's controls available for manipulation on the Edit page, when the playhead is over that composition.

I believe this would be easy to add. Maybe even trivial to add. It's likely just some UI plumbing, as all the fundamental concepts exist already, as evidenced by the ability to do it with pre-made Fusion template macros.
Resolve Studio 16.2.7.010 and Fusion Studio 16.2.4 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Hackintosh: X58, Intel X5670 @ 4.32 Ghz, 48GB RAM, AMD Vega 64 8GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 (4K) & 3 x 1920x1200
Audio: Behringer UMC404HD

Sander de Regt

PostSun Sep 20, 2020 7:35 pm

The easiest way to do this would be to simply add markers to the Fusion composition clip in the editor timeline and have those markers appear in the Fusion page timeline but I can't figure out a way to do this.

In this topic

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... f=6&t=4082

there are two ways to achieve what you need. One with markers to Fusion guides (a lua script) and one with markers to a keyframed Text tool (a Python script) For me the lua one is slightly simpler to operate, but that is because I have no Python experience)

Check out the link to get you on your way.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests