Overhaul Retime Speed

• Author

Mart_Williams

Overhaul Retime Speed

PostSun Nov 15, 2020 3:45 pm

Overhaul Retime Speed.

Give us the ability to select multiple keyframes where they have been added to the Retime Speed line.

Give us the ability to set eas in/out as the default keyframe option.

Get the keyboard shortcut for next and previous Keyframe to actually work (it doesn't on my Windows 10 machine) and also ensure that the keyframe is actually selected, rather than the playhead simply repositioned there.

Automatically create "bell curves when the middle of 3 keyframes is lifted (or lowered) - or create a flat-topped bell curve if the line between the middle two of four keyframes is lifted.

Let us have a keyboard shortcut to activate the Retime Speed panel itself.

Would be cool to have the mouse scroll wheel, in combination with a modifier key, be able to adjust the keyframe handles too, that would save more editing time.

Tom Early

Re: Overhaul Retime Speed

PostSun Nov 15, 2020 5:34 pm

I think a lot of this could be solved by having the Fusion Spline panel in the Edit page and ditching the current graph system which is too limiting, though it looked like a cool idea to begin with.

It would solve a lot of other things too like the position easing problem that isn't really solved in v17.

I wouldn't say easing should be on by default for retiming as there's plenty of times where you would want it to be sudden, but then with the spline panel you just lasso the keyframes or press cmd-a then press either s or f depending on how you want it to be, and it's very quick, easy and flexible.
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 14.4, Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

Zeb Chadfield

PostMon Nov 16, 2020 10:36 am

+1 on this. I do find the speed tools to lack some user friendliness. Basic functions are great, advanced functions tend to never work quite the way you expect. I think they have had a lot of love in development but could use a rethink.

C.T. Bell

PostTue Dec 01, 2020 2:53 pm

+1 to this. Would love to see the retime graph, and the speed change mode unified. As it is right now, they're like two siblings that barely get along. They have some of each other's features but are missing others. Don't get me wrong Davinci's retiming is better than PP, but maybe take a cue from FCPX? I've used PP, SonyVegas, and FCPX and Apple's is the best one i've used so far.

P.S. Can the retime graph open to "retime speed" please?
Resolve 18.0.4
Ryzen 2700x - 8 core
GTX 1070ti 8gb
64 Gig ram @
1tb WD SN750 NVME SSD
Win 11

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests