Subtitle track style users preset!!!

More server project control!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
COLORIST
www.davidavecilla.com

BaGRoS

Re: DaVinci Resolve 18 wish list

PostSat Nov 20, 2021 10:37 pm

Optimization for GPU NVIDIA/AMD and for processors Intel/AMD at same deep level like on M1 chip.

So that all the latest processor instructions are used. Perhaps you should create several versions compiled with speed optimization for different processors, or an installer that will download a properly compiled version.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk
BaGRoS
MSI GP66 Leopard / 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H
64GB RAM / GTX3080 8GB
M.2 1TB+2TB Samsung 980PRO
SanDisk Extreme 1TB SSD
Seagate One Touch Hub, 4 TB
Speed Editor + DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSun Nov 21, 2021 1:58 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:
Marc Wielage wrote:
georgekg wrote:One click switch from SD to HDR, like in the latest version of Colourlab Ai. Now there is too much clicking, too much parameters that must be manually changed. Leave all those parameters manually adjustable, but for most common uses, please put just one switch so we can do a fast switch from SD to HDR (i.e. in front of a client)

Dolby has been pushing for people to grade in HDR and then derive an SDR from that version automatically using the Dolby Vision tools (which is an option for Resolve). I was very skeptical about this idea a few years ago, but I have to say their latest demo makes a very compelling case:

I don't know if the tools work in the other direction (SDR -> HDR), but I have used the Dolby Trim controls to do that on certain projects, and it was basically about 10-12 hours for a feature trim pass, which I thought was very fast and effective. The original movie in SDR took me about 50-60 hours, so another 12 hours was not a big deal. Dolby is now saying that tone-mapping from HDR to SDR is very fast (maybe half that time), and I hope I'm in a position to try that soon.

(And thanks to Patrick Inhofer of MixingLight.com for this tip in his latest Colorist Newsletter.)

Sorry, bollocs. Dolby want it this way so the can sell more of their technology, the result fo their “method” is underwhelming.

Nothing can beat a proper SDR and a proper HDR master.

Exactly, but... it doesn't mean Dolby is wrong either. Question is: what is the best (or even better) HDR/SDR grade? There is no such a thing really. It's all relative and at the end will be down to colorist skills and money mainly. There can be 100 'best' grades for given movie! It's an artistic process, not precise math which gives always same result. If you grade HDR and then use derived method+ you have flexible controls then your SDR master will never be the same either. As pointed, you may even get cases when your prefer derived look, but this is really not that important anyway.
Original Dolby approach wasn't flexible enough, so it was obvious problem. If now tools are flexible enough then it's really down to your creative skills to make derived SDR look as you want it to. If it doesn't limit you in some meaningful extent then grading HDR and been able to 'quickly' do SDR is a clear winner (compared to 2 separate 'long' grades). Key pinto here is in fact: are you limited or not (I assume this is what Dolby tried to established)? Rest doesn't matter as you will never do 100% same 2 grades of the same movie anyway (when not seeing previous grade). You are human and will always do something bit different and the way how you get there (manual or derived grade) is meaningless (for you as an artist), but can make huge difference for studio from time/money point.
If tools are flexible enough doing HDR grade and quick SDR one is basically obvious approach and it doesn't mean your SDR grades will be worse (well you can always merge manual and derived way if really needed!).
HDR existence has changed the way how people approach SDR as well and there is nothing wrong with it.

Give it bit more time (so HDR is wide spread) and all SDR masters will be auto made (or just lightly human touched). Even now when main HDR master is paid for then what is the point making "perfect" SDR (if it doesn't really exist) master? All what I would expect from it is lack of obvious issues.
Last edited by Andrew Kolakowski on Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSun Nov 21, 2021 2:08 pm

Bunny42 wrote:
waltervolpatto wrote:
Bunny42 wrote::idea: Oh I don't know, maybe ProRes RAW support. That thread has about half a million views... maybe worth looking into.

ProRes Raw request thread link:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=98760

Personally I prefer prores output from a window machine before prores raw support.....

Personally, I prefer ProRes RAW support

Best to have both, but ProRes export would be way more useful as it affect waaaay more users.
Make a survey and you will loose badly :)
Do you want to bet ?

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSun Nov 21, 2021 2:10 pm

Gary Hango wrote:
a.buja wrote:Stop resolve freezing on launching when there's a new update available.
Happens when the notification for the update loads and is dismissed.

I hope I'm not going to continue to be forced into installing an update halfway through working on a project.

I always thought it was a bit strange that the popup informing of a new version comes up when loading a project instead of at the opening splash screen.

Yes, this is strange and should be (easily) changed.

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostSun Nov 21, 2021 5:00 pm

Exactly, but... it doesn't mean Dolby is wrong either. Question is: what is the best (or even better) HDR/SDR grade? There is no such a thing really. It's all relative and at the end will be down to colorist skills and money mainly. There can be 100 'best' grades for given movie! It's an artistic process, not precise math which gives always same result.

actually..... no.

there is ONLY one version of a given movie: the one that the filmmaker/cinematography wants that represent the artistic intent of the storytelling.

is not the colorist that decides what a movie should look like. Try tell Dickens that you "made his movie better with your Grade", see how it goes.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSun Nov 21, 2021 10:09 pm

Filmmaker or colorist makes no difference.
Same end story (and I think colorist plays quite a big role as well or you would have no job :) ).
If he approves HDR and SDR meant to be its representation then it's most likely be easier to achieve using Dolby 'math help'. If main guy is not happy you tweak it (maybe some scenes with fully manual process). Job done :)

Get same main guy 1 year later and he will direct you to at least bit different look as it's all human touch, so never precisely the same. Or maybe he will change his mind and look will be actually very different. How you both get there (again) doesn't matter (well matters for studio which pays for it and this is where Dolby sees $).

Luca Di Gioacchino

PostMon Nov 22, 2021 5:13 am

Please add pipe routers (like you have in Fusion or Nuke) so we can better organize our node trees on the color page. Pretty please. With a cherry on top.

Chickweed Arts

Re: Inuktitut Subtitle fonts - DaVinci Resolve 18 wish list

PostWed Nov 24, 2021 12:16 am

Compatibility with Inuktitut subtitle fonts Pigiarniq and/or Euphemia.

Currently only the ProSyl font works in a subtitle track, which is an ancient Inuktitut font that not many translators know how to use anymore since it has different keyboard mapping than the everyday fonts Pigiarniq and Euphemia, used by Government and just about all Inuktitut translators in Nunavut, Canada.

Also, all these fonts do not work properly in text plugins. The text entry box just shows white boxes, although some of them show correctly in the video output, despite that.
DaVinci Studio 17.x, Windows 10 Pro, x1 NVidia 2080 and x1 AMD towers, Aero Gigabyte latop (NVidia 3080).
Experienced editor, shifted from Final Cut to Premiere and now to DaVinci.

Juha Mukari

PostWed Nov 24, 2021 9:47 am

Maybe some of these nerf based systems to generate depth maps and roto's and point clouds / 3d models for fusion (to compositing things with 3d graphics more seamlessly or even just combining two different shots seamlessly semi-automatically by editing point clouds/volumetric data in fusion)

https://www.matthewtancik.com/nerf
https://github.com/Kai-46/nerfplusplus
https://nerfies.github.io/
https://apchenstu.github.io/mvsnerf/
https://github.com/facebookresearch/nonrigid_nerf

https://www.cs.cornell.edu/~zl548/NSFF/ ... n_cvd.html
https://roxanneluo.github.io/Consistent ... stimation/

And some co-operation (addons that would have integration / bridge to fusion) with
https://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-6-5-d ... nt-status/
https://alicevision.org/
https://www.capturingreality.com/
I think RC integration or Unreal integration to fusion could allow epic to donate some mega grant for bm development: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/megagrants At least Maxon get mega grant:
https://www.maxon.net/en/article/maxon- ... -megagrant

And of course some good import/export from/to Blender - live time bridge would be awesome with Fusion - that would be lovely feature for vfx. But for heavy vfx there should be houdinifx bridge. Blender's future looks pretty interesting - they are developing new solvers for particle/physics/animation/everything nodes - recoding their core architecture to improve high poly performance and so much more - at the moment they are making great progress with geometry nodes.

frumbert

PostWed Nov 24, 2021 11:22 pm

a text rectangle title that can wrap lines of text to fit the bounds of the rectangle for a given font size. Set the shape, fill the text it wraps. Currently have to muck about guessing how many words could fit for a fixed font size and finding a tool to manually wrap the text based on that width - much frustration. Or worse; drawing the text as an overlay image in an external tool.

Working with more than one line of text is a PITA.

groslaine

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 8:53 am

Hi, I wish to see another audio codec (mostly for quicktime and mp4 with h264). The AAC has limitation in windows and doesn't exist in linux. I don't realy have a codec proposition but something usable for the 3 platform.
Last edited by groslaine on Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

groslaine

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 9:06 am

I would love to see a "append" the audio track when doing manual audio sync. For now, the append track option is only available when using the autosync audio. But when it doesn't work you have to use the manual sync and the link option doesn't append the track, it replace it.
Maybe something else in the user interface, to ease the way to do manual sync. The tool is here but the way it work is not realy intuitive. Going to the waveform panel instead of meters is something not clear at first, and the way you have to "load" a video and an audio before sync is something confusing.
I notice it because almost all of my students have manage to use most of the tool in resolve easly but when it come to manual sync its not realy clear.
Thx to all the dev for making resolve better and better.

TheBloke

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 12:53 pm

groslaine wrote:I would love to see a "append" the audio track when doing manual audio sync. For now, the append track option is only available when using the autosync audio. But when it doesn't work you have to use the manual sync and the link option doesn't append the track, it replace it.
Maybe something else in the user interface, to ease the way to do manual sync. The tool is here but the way it work is not realy intuitive. Going to the waveform panel instead of meters is something not clear at first, and the way you have to "load" a video and an audio before sync is something confusing.
I notice it because almost all of my students have manage to use most of the tool in resolve easly but when it come to manual sync its not realy clear.
Thx to all the dev for making resolve better and better.
I proposed a more advanced UI for manual audio sync, here: Timeline UI for manually syncing audio clips to video files.

Add your +1 if you think that would meet your needs.
Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

TCP786

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 2:03 pm

Viewable undo history for the Color and Fusion pages! There's already an undo stack and it's obviously already local to the specific page (doing two things right after switching to the Fusion page and then pressing undo three times doesn't undo the last thing you did in another page before navigating to Fusion), just let us see it!

TCP786

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 2:04 pm

Allow mouse actions to be changed within the keyboard shortcuts.

robertshami

PostFri Dec 03, 2021 11:54 am

better font management with UPPERCASE AA, Aa, aa
roarstudio.it

dariusii

PostWed Dec 08, 2021 7:25 pm

1. Copy points between "hue vs hue" curve and "hue vs sat" one. Horizontal coordinates.
2. Cmyk color space for nodes (or rgbw). As in due time we had made for lab. Cmyk with wide gamut, as in rgb. "Pseudo" cmyk.
I'd want it from nodes, but can be bult only inverted rgb.
The losers built Noah's ark. The professionals built the Titanic

Chris Mierzwinski

PostWed Dec 08, 2021 8:07 pm

In the color page each node can be ached.. when it's set to on it would be nice to see a small bar or percentage of some kind showing the progress as it's being cached. helps gets a sense how long it will take
Resolve 18.6.6 Studio
MICRO PANEL
ASUS ProArt PA329CV 32" Monitor
intel i9 7900x 10 core
Nvidia 1080ti
win 10 pro
64GB ram
m.2 2TB of nvme scratch disk

ConnecTED

PostWed Dec 08, 2021 10:48 pm

Support for 150% scaling in windows, ideal for 2160p 27-32inch monitors.
Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk

S/W: ColourSpace INF, LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN, ChromaPure, ControlCAL​
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: Murideo Six-G, DVDO AVLab TPG​
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A

georgekg

PostThu Dec 09, 2021 8:15 am

Option to switch between timelines in color tab
25 years in editing. On DR since v14

ASRock Steel Legend Z790
i7 13700k
64GB DDR5 5200
NVIDIA RTX 3090 24GB
Work: Firecuda 530 Star Wars Mandalorian 2TB
Cache: Firecuda 530 Star Wars Mandalorian 1TB
Render: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Dec 09, 2021 9:02 am

Like this?
Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 5.01.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 5.01.36 PM.png (173.88 KiB) Viewed 5386 times

Mark Foster

PostThu Dec 09, 2021 9:29 am

cMP 5.1 2x3,46/96GB/2x2TB SSD/4x4TB/7101A 4x2TB 970evo+/HP1344/BMD4k/RadeonVII
macOS 12.6.3
BMPCC 6k pro (7.9.1)
meike s35 cine 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm
resolve studio 18.1.4
mini panel
speed editor
desktop video 12.1
intensity pro 4k
atem extreme (8.6.1)

Lindkold

Group with drag-and drop in Lightbox

PostThu Dec 09, 2021 9:47 am

Here's a couple of features that should be easy to implement and that would be extremely helpful in Lightbox:

1) Let us create groups in the Clip Filter sidebar under "Grouped". Fx. right-click > New Group while all clips are visible.
2) Then let us drag-and-drop clips to the new Group names which will at the same time add them to that Group

3) PLEASE give us the option to show "Non Grouped" clips also. When you have hundreds of clips it would be so nice to see which clips was not grouped (by mistake). I now I can make a Timeline Smart Filter, but that takes long and can not be moved between timelines so it has to be done over and over.

Thank you all at BM.

georgekg

PostThu Dec 09, 2021 10:04 am

Mark Foster wrote:
georgekg wrote:Option to switch between timelines in color tab

https://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/ ... 6009211000

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... e/training

My expression wasn't clear. I thought about stacked timelines. Like in edit tab.

ASRock Steel Legend Z790
i7 13700k
64GB DDR5 5200
NVIDIA RTX 3090 24GB

georgekg

PostThu Dec 09, 2021 10:09 am

Mark Foster wrote:
georgekg wrote:Option to switch between timelines in color tab

https://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/ ... 6009211000

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... e/training

You obviously skipped to read one of these books
https://www.readbrightly.com/books-that ... nd-people/

ASRock Steel Legend Z790
i7 13700k
64GB DDR5 5200
NVIDIA RTX 3090 24GB

Andy Mees

PostThu Dec 09, 2021 11:19 am

georgekg wrote:My expression wasn't clear. I thought about stacked timelines. Like in edit tab.

What would be the use case for that Aleksandar? If it's for copying/matching grades between timelines, I find switching between the comparison timelines in the Stills Gallery works really well (whilst maintaining the active timeline's regular clip view).
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Chris Mierzwinski

PostSat Dec 11, 2021 6:18 am

It would be nice I think if the HDR zone wheels could expand further to the right over the curves box. Sorts like the key frame can expands over the curves box. This would open up the 4 hdr wheels to perhaps 6 zones.
Resolve 18.6.6 Studio
MICRO PANEL
intel i9 7900x 10 core
Nvidia 1080ti
win 10 pro
64GB ram

SandroSchreiber

PostSat Dec 11, 2021 1:06 pm

ConnecTED wrote:Support for 150% scaling in windows, ideal for 2160p 27-32inch monitors.

+1
That's really my only wish for v18.
I don't need any new features, Resolve can do sooo much already. I just wish the existing tools were a bit more stable and as I said a modern UI that doesn't force you onto an HD monitor (Windows only). There are so many threads asking for this.
Resolve Studio 18.6.4 | Resolve Mini Panel | Win11 22H2
GeForce RTX4090 (551.61 studio driver) | DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K, Desktop Video 12.8.1

Chris Mierzwinski

PostTue Dec 21, 2021 11:17 pm

I love the image wipe feature or split screen and seeing waveform and parade scopes side by side.

Was wondering if in addition there could be an option to have vectorscope show each image individually/side by side also and not just one on top of the other.
Resolve 18.6.6 Studio
MICRO PANEL
intel i9 7900x 10 core
Nvidia 1080ti
win 10 pro
64GB ram

Jim J. Woo

PostWed Dec 22, 2021 10:46 am

Options for Generate Proxy Media in Context Menu:

- Add LUTs
- Data Burn-In (Source Timecode, etc)
- Any other options for proxies creation

I know these options are available creating and exporting a timeline, but context menu options for proxies would be a great addition imho. Thank you.

manuel_songokuh

PostThu Dec 23, 2021 9:18 pm

Last edited by manuel_songokuh on Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rnbaker

PostSat Dec 25, 2021 2:13 pm

In the Project Manager, the ability to search by "Clip Name" and by "All". I think these are "musts" especially by clip name because at least for me, I am always modifying and using a clip somewhere and want to reuse it and sometimes can't remember exactly which project I used it in.
Last edited by rnbaker on Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yov Moor

PostTue Dec 28, 2021 9:33 am

1- A faster timeline data like alot of tracking for exchange and synchronize in Remote grading solution for Master / Slave computer connect trough internet.
2- A possibility to share Database and point to the same project in Remote grading session on both workstation.

manuel_songokuh

PostSun Jan 02, 2022 2:35 pm

Andy Mees

PostSun Jan 02, 2022 3:16 pm

An ability to prevent pointless 'Wish List' threads developing in a sub-forum that's already exclusively dedicated to making Feature Requests. ;)
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Jiri Bakala

PostSun Jan 09, 2022 12:52 am

SCC Closed Caption Format Option

Many, if not all broadcasters require .scc (Scenarist) closed captioning and this would be likely an easy addition to export options. Pretty please.
Jiri Bakala

Apple MacPro, Quad Core, 2xAMD FirePro D300 2GB, late 2013, 64 GB RAM

Goodgod

PostMon Jan 10, 2022 4:52 pm

I wrote a post of my own but I'll add to here as well :)

I'd really Love to have the option to password lock a compound node, this will be a great feature for sending out projects to other people and not having to worry about messing with your work or even stealing your creative efforts.

another thing is on a PC when adding a stroke to subtitles in Hebrew (maybe this happens with other languages as well). so when adding a stroke, the subtitle disappears, this happens only on windows machines

Laniakea

PostTue Jan 11, 2022 5:34 pm

Needs proper user-organised sound library files in the way of permanent tagging (across all libraries) and descriptions editing. This should have been done ages ago.
Resolve Studio 18.6.2
MacOS 13.5.2
2 x Apple Studio Monitor
MacStudio M1 Ultra 128GB/2TB SSD 48c
BM Colour Mini Panel
2 x G-Drive Professional 7.68TB SSD (TB3)
GTEC-8TB RAID 0 (TB2)
WD 6TB HDD (USB 3)
Focusrite Clarett+ 8Pre USB-C AI
3 x Yamaha HS7 (3.1)

Zeb Chadfield

PostTue Jan 11, 2022 5:54 pm

Andy Mees wrote:An ability to prevent pointless 'Wish List' threads developing in a sub-forum that's already exclusively dedicated to making Feature Requests. ;)

:lol:

waltervolpatto

PostTue Jan 11, 2022 9:16 pm

Zeb Chadfield wrote:
Andy Mees wrote:An ability to prevent pointless 'Wish List' threads developing in a sub-forum that's already exclusively dedicated to making Feature Requests. ;)

:lol:

:D :D
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled

Chris Mierzwinski

PostThu Jan 13, 2022 7:49 pm

I really like the being able to roam with the qualifier over the image and see it precisely reflected in the scopes.

Would the reverse be useful going over points in waveform reflected in the viewer? In vectorscope that would be tricky as many things would light but still potentially beneficial. But this might be another tool that is useful in some case scenarios.
Resolve 18.6.6 Studio
MICRO PANEL
intel i9 7900x 10 core
Nvidia 1080ti
win 10 pro
64GB ram

Robert Arnold

Re: Group with drag-and drop in Lightbox

PostFri Jan 14, 2022 7:27 pm

THIS!!!

Lindkold wrote:Here's a couple of features that should be easy to implement and that would be extremely helpful in Lightbox:

1) Let us create groups in the Clip Filter sidebar under "Grouped". Fx. right-click > New Group while all clips are visible.
2) Then let us drag-and-drop clips to the new Group names which will at the same time add them to that Group

3) PLEASE give us the option to show "Non Grouped" clips also. When you have hundreds of clips it would be so nice to see which clips was not grouped (by mistake). I now I can make a Timeline Smart Filter, but that takes long and can not be moved between timelines so it has to be done over and over.

Thank you all at BM.

waltervolpatto

Re: Group with drag-and drop in Lightbox

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 3:32 pm

Lindkold wrote:

Thank you all at BM.

for the #3, make a smart filter called "ungroup" with all clips where group is [leave it blank]: it does what you need.

OrionCreative

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 1:03 am

i wish we have something equal to premiere pro's essential graphics panel which is more flexible for motion graphics. I have a big and simple problem this is the only reason i switch back to Premiere Pro. I have one project which has a lot of long text. in Davinci Resolve there is no way you can manage long text. Because text does not wrap or flow in the text box. Once you paste your text in Davinci Resolve al you get is one line long text it is hard to select directly from timeline view it is hard to manage from inspector panel very hard to divide lines manually. I have tried external text editor like "Notepad++" it does the job very easily but it is time consuming for every correction. I wonder is it really hard to get something in Davinci Resolve version 17.4 year 2022. Just text wrap any design software you can do easily. Once i discover in Premire Pro's essential graphics panel has every option i need i switch back. Even though I like Davinci Resolve's modern easy fast Notepad++. I discover one more thing in essential graphics panel has. You can create individual layers of text and shapes in the same text box. Which is give a lot of flexibility for motion graphics. Please Developers i don't expect from you text and shapes layers. but at least fix the text wrap. Thank you

likebliss

PostSun Jan 30, 2022 6:20 pm

ConnecTED wrote:Support for 150% scaling in windows, ideal for 2160p 27-32inch monitors.

+1 for this! I'm actually on a 5120 x 2160 monitor, and in full screen, there is so much space between the color wheels, etc. that I could definitely fit more panels in between.

I'd also love to be able to scale the panels on the color page. If I can't move them around, let me adjust their width/height, please?
System Specs: 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max 64GB

dariusii

PostThu Feb 17, 2022 3:29 pm

RGB Mixer' usability as a channel one in 3DLut Creator app.

The losers built Noah's ark. The professionals built the Titanic

serge.bonneure@gmail.com

PostSat Feb 19, 2022 2:04 pm

1. the ability to disable partial Fusion and/or Color grading. Per group, node or per effect (for example, being able to turn off noise reduction, fusion text effects and things you can miss during editing the timeline). At the moment you completely disable Fusion or Color via the color icon, but sometimes it is interesting to be able to disable certain effects in order to control other effects while playing at the correct speed without delays. I know you can disable a node for a moment, per clip, but it should also be possible to disable a certain effect over the entire timeline. For example, I don't need noise reduction being active while further tweaking the timeline, or I don't care when the green screen background is visible while I do want to see added text FX happening in real time.
2. The sensitivity of placing clips on tracks should also be adjustable with certain conditions (magnet, snapping, insert function). When placing a clip, Resolve tries to estimate what your plan is, but this very often leads to incorrect placements on the wrong track and therefore the unwanted removal of certain parts from a clip, when, for example, accidentally releasing the mouse. It could be useful to be able to choose how fast, accurate or sensitive Resolve should deal with this. For example, by being able to set or prioritize 1 or more (but not all) tracks as more sensitive to magnet, snapping and insert functions or by excluding certain tracks by turning them off for snapping, insert and other related functions.
3. Related to point 2, Resolve should also be able to: for example, I usually use 2 tracks as edit tracks (tracks I experiment on, and past clips I'm already sure about placements on the timeline). I then give the other tracks specific 'targets'. Like a text track, to which only text, or even just copy/paste the same text FX, is added. Resolve should be aware of how my tracks are being used by addressing certain tracks as 'a text effect track', 'a compound clip track', etc... When using the copy/paste function, Resolve should recognize addressed tracks and be able to even copy/paste the clip on a track above or under the clip where the copy/paste originated from. Copy/pasting is now only possible on the same track, while very often I need a copy/past on the same location, but wanting to place them on a track above the other.
4. Nodes that are saved (with certain settings), that you unlock, and further tweak, affect all clips to which this copy was added. It should be possible to unlock this copied node per clip and only be able to adjust it per clip and not for all linked clips.

Andy Mees

PostMon Feb 21, 2022 12:28 pm

serge.bonneure@gmail.com wrote:3. Copy/pasting is now only possible on the same track, while very often I need a copy/past on the same location, but wanting to place them on a track above the other.
Paste operations can already be targeted using Auto Track Selector status.
serge.bonneure@gmail.com wrote:4. Nodes that are saved (with certain settings), that you unlock, and further tweak, affect all clips to which this copy was added. It should be possible to unlock this copied node per clip and only be able to adjust it per clip and not for all linked clips.
You can already right click a Shared Node instance and choose 'Convert to Corrector' to switch it to a regular node instance.

thekam999

PostThu Feb 24, 2022 6:12 pm

It would be very helpfull adding a Ctrl+Spacebar fast access to OFX in the Color Tab like Resolve usually does on te Fusion Tab.
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests