Select a transition using keyboard (Edit page)

• Author

ttakala

Select a transition using keyboard (Edit page)

PostWed Jan 20, 2021 7:11 pm

You can select nearest clip or nearest edit with the keyboard, but it would be helpful to be able to select also nearest transition.

Often you need to zoom in first to be able to click the transition with a mouse to adjust the settings in the Inspector. Using the keyboard would make this much faster. Especially since the transition area is crowded with clip handles etc. which all attract the mouse cursor. You need to be zoomed in very close before you can grab the transition.

There is another thread discussing the problem: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=66708

John Holt

Re: Select a transition using keyboard (Edit page)

PostWed Jan 20, 2021 7:36 pm

Hello

I currently haven't investigated a keyboard shortcut but all your transitions are listed and searchable in the Edit Index tab. Double-clicking the transition you require the CTI will jump to the point in the edit.

Hope that helps.

John
Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
64GB RAM
GTX1650 4GB :(
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 1000.2 GB
Dual Monitors 32" & 27" Samsung
BM Multidock
Speed Editor
DR Studio Latest Version Fusion Studio Latest Version

ttakala

PostWed Jan 20, 2021 8:58 pm

Thanks, John.

I haven't really used the Edit index. I just tried and while you can jump to the beginning of a transition it doesn't make it active to be modified in the inspector or deleted. And even if it did, it would still mean more mouse traveling from timeline to edit index to inspector to change the settings, whereas a simple keystroke would be enough to make the nearest transition active. The less mouse aiming the better, IMO.

VINOVINKKELI

PostWed May 05, 2021 9:45 am

This is a feature that should be added in Resolve. Shortcut to choose (=activate) nearest transition. I use a lot of short transitions in my audio tracks and between the clips. Those are usually really short (6-12 frames mostly). Total nightmare to select and modify them later as we don't have this "select nearest transition" shortcut available. Always have to zoom really close and have to click with the mouse really precisely to select the transition and not the cut point.

I hope this could be made available at some point. Also, would be nice to be able to adjust the selected (=highlighted) transition with shortcuts (=shorten/stretch transition length).

I believe there is a transition modification on the Speed Editor keyboard? But I hope that this option would be available just with keyboard shortcuts as well.
Intel Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.0GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 960 4GB, Win 10 Pro, System disk: Samsung NVMe M.2 960 EVO 250GB, Workdisk#1(MATERIAL): Samsung EVO850 1TB, Workdisk#2(CACHE): Samsung EVO850 500GB, DaVinci Resolve 15.2.3, Dell 34" Ultrasharp

eikonoklastes

PostMon Jun 14, 2021 8:39 am

Yes, this is always a nuisance. It's pretty much impossible to select a transition with the mouse when you're a bit zoomed out.

cayubal

PostThu Jul 27, 2023 8:43 am

1+

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests