Timelines Bin Improvements

• Author

Jim Simon

Timelines Bin Improvements

PostWed Feb 17, 2021 5:01 pm

There are some features that don't work when using a Timelines Bin, such as Disabling a timeline.

As I consider using a Timelines Bin the best and only 'proper' way to work ( ;) ), I'd love for all timeline features to be available when using a Timelines Bin.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

GrizzlyAK

Re: Timelines Bin Improvements

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 8:03 pm

+1 on this. I too find places where inconsistency in operations, menu options, and basic functionality is not at all where a user would expect them among the various pages. I hope this improves in the ongoing integration efforts, but should garner more attention from the engineering team.

A good example of strange logic, is this: Why do I have to go to the File menu to Create a New Timeline, and not to the Timeline Menu? Also, why do I have to go to the Media Pool and right-click on a Timeline item to go to it's Settings, and not the Timelines Menu? I'm a SW engineer, and I find the interface often frustrating and unintuitive trying to do simple things compared to most other similar apps I've used.
Shane Taylor
Owner, Ion Drift Productions
www.iondriftproductions.com

Resolve Studio V17.4 Build 12 Activation Key
Windows 10 Pro x64
HP Z820, 16 core
32 GB RAM
RTX 2080Ti 11GB
26 TB Storage
OS & Cache on SSD
MOTU Ultralite MK3 Audio Interface

revel.in

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 1:13 am

+1: I would like to convert a Timeline to a Multicam Clip in the Timelines Bin, but am unable to do that.
I love that the Timelines Bin is easily accessible being at the top of the Media Pool, so fixing this would be great.
Apple Mac Studio
M1 Ultra 20-Core
64-Core GPU
128GB Memory
Studio Display

AndrewKeil

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 10:42 pm

I use the Timelines bin on all projects and have always been able to disable timelines?

panos_mts

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 11:04 pm

AndrewKeil wrote:I use the Timelines bin on all projects and have always been able to disable timelines?
When this thread was opened it was not possible from the timelines bin (you had to use workarounds by disabling the timeline from a smart bin).
Τhey added the option at some point later but they forgot to add the "Convert to multicam".

BlackDog79!

PostFri Sep 02, 2022 5:56 pm

revel.in wrote:+1: I would like to convert a Timeline to a Multicam Clip in the Timelines Bin, but am unable to do that.
I love that the Timelines Bin is easily accessible being at the top of the Media Pool, so fixing this would be great.

I would also like to see this improvement made; it used to be that way in DVR 17.

Jim Simon

PostMon Jan 23, 2023 5:22 pm

Version 18.1 was recently released. Not all Feature Requests can be done at once, and this one didn't make the cut.

So here it is for continued voting.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests