Speed Editor: more (custom) binds

• Author

Jan Kels

Speed Editor: more (custom) binds

PostWed Apr 28, 2021 8:51 pm

Hey forum,

so after forcing myself to use the speed editor on some small videos and the usual stuff I edit - I come to hate it. As this isn't meant as my whole feedback on it (I go on about it on Discord already) I would just want to offer a slight suggestion that seems really forward.

either give us full customization on all keys, or add the following actions:

double tab TRIM IN -> "start to playhead"
double tab TRIM OUT -> "end to playhead"
double tab RIPL DEL -> "delete" (btw ripple delete in cut page leaves gaps that you can't delete without using a mouse...)

hold JOG -> set frames/rotation (this is odd as it is like 64 frames per rotation, no matter what framerate you are working in.
hold SCRL -> set seconds/rotation (as above, time is framerate independent, working with the dial in 24 is far better ratio between the two than 60 projects)

use the 9 multicam keys like a FN shift numpad, so you can use arrow keys: uparrow, downarrow, leftarrow, rightarrow... going frame by frame is doable with the wheel on JOG, but going to the next cut or next clip in your source is pain(with "snapping" on).

Feel free to submit replies with additional features that you believe make sense for the currently unused double tab or hold options with the available keys. If there is no update(like the iPad version???) to Resolve soon that adds the proper functionality and updates the manual(please) our best bet is to bodge something as the reverse engineering effort moves on.

Jan

ctrevatt

Re: Speed Editor: more (custom) binds

PostThu May 27, 2021 12:18 am

+ 1 to some facility for key customization
DR Studio 17.1.1 Build 9, Win10Home ver. 2004
i9-9900K, 64GB RAM, RTX 3070 8GB, "Studio" driver 457.51
OS - SSD 500GB, Media Server - QNAP 24 Bay NAS RAID 6 144TB
Database - QNAP 4 Bay SSD NAS RAID 1 100GB
Networking - 10Gb

Metabob

PostWed Sep 21, 2022 8:58 am

Great suggestions. Especially the double tap to ripple trim to playhead in both ways would accelerate working with it so much as mentioned in a bunch of other threads already.

Those annoying gaps that some times appear if you ripple delete though... Huge bummer and it doesn't always happen. Usually if I start to edit a new project it works perfectly fine but at some random point those gaps are starting to appear and I can not figure out what causes this. I though it might be the smart track selector or some locked tracks that contain clips that area linked to each other or something but none of this would fix it.
At a certain amount of progress of editing a project I always have to constantly us the mouse to select every gap and delete it after "ripple deleting" (without it actually rippling) the clips that where there. Very annoying and confusing.

kinvermark

PostWed Sep 21, 2022 3:52 pm

+1 for some user customization.

But "base configuration" should remain as-is.
Windows 10 laptop. Intel i7-10750H, 32GB RAM, Nvidia 4070 ti Super eGPU, SSD disks. Resolve Studio (latest)

Lewis3D

PostFri Sep 23, 2022 12:03 pm

Agreed, we need more customization, that way CAM buttons would be more useful in Edit page.
--
Lewis
www.ram-studio.hr
AMD TRPro 3955WX, 256GB RAM, RTX 3090 + 2*RTX 4090, Synology DS-1817+ and 10GBit NIC

studio1492

PostSun Sep 25, 2022 8:27 pm

Not only YPOS assigned to the jogwheel, but Xpos, Zoom, Angle. In fact my Speed Editor is rising dust on a shelf dreaming the day all those features above come true.
- MBP 14" M1 Pro 16GB, 1TB, 10 core CPU, 16 core GPU.
- Resolve Studio 18.6.4 @ macOS 13.6.2
- Mini Panel v2.0
- Speed Editor (gathering dust until killer custom keys arrive)
- Synology DS218

C.T. Bell

PostTue Sep 27, 2022 1:08 pm

This has been asked about 10 times before on this forum, but +1 all the same.
Resolve 18.0.4
Ryzen 2700x - 8 core
GTX 1070ti 8gb
64 Gig ram @
1tb WD SN750 NVME SSD
Win 11

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests