Request: Improved Multicam Editing in the Cut Page

• Author

Feivel

Request: Improved Multicam Editing in the Cut Page

PostMon Jul 26, 2021 9:06 pm

The Cut Page is great and nice to use with the Speed Editor and standalone.
The new Multicam Feature seems nice and is definitely handy in some situations (like all the cooking videos in the tutorials out there), with its 5 sec preset for dropping in quick cutaways and doing so more precisely with the LIVE OVERWRITE Button.

Nevertheless, for a normal and regular Multicam Edit – like Shows, Sports, etc – (which I'd LOVE to to the rough outline for in the Cut Page), this is completely unpractical.
You need the classic "live directing" Multicam mode where you can just playback the Sync Bin and change angles on the fly by clicking the CAM-Buttons ONCE.

I could imagine this being easily fixed by adding this functionality to the LIVE O/WR mode: keep the Paint-on mode when holding down a cam button and just start adding a new angle when a CAM Button is simply clicked once. it could just "auto-paint" until you switch angles or hit pause. this would make the Multicam workflow way more useful, in my mind.

Also: It'd be great if you could later, in the Edit Page create a special Compound Clip that automatically morphes into an old-school Multicam Clip with all angles on separate tracks. (I get that the new mode is simpler like this, but it would be great for retouching, etc.)

ntbone

Re: Request: Improved Multicam Editing in the Cut Page

PostWed Aug 25, 2021 9:01 pm

+1 for this feature request. They have the paint option with the Speed Editor. If one could "paint" while playing as well as "paint" while spinning the wheel that would be great too.

ShaheedMalik

PostWed May 18, 2022 12:59 am

I really need this. The Live Overwrite as currently used is kinda useless.

I expect for me to turn Live Overwrite on, hit Play and then hit the camera buttons to switch the takes in real time.

ShaheedMalik

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 12:05 pm

Any chance this feature can be implemented? The AETM mini has the ability to paint in real time.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests