More customization for subtitles, more visual aids

• Author

Videoneth

• Warnings: 1

More customization for subtitles, more visual aids

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 9:08 pm

I would like to have more options to customize the subtitles.

What would be great is to have the possibility to convert selected subtitles to TEXT or Text+ in a new track automatically. OR maybe it would be easier to have the "Style" of the subtitles customisable like a Text+, with the ability to add OFX/Fusion effects on them too.

I often have to put subtitles when the voices are very subtle, then I customize them with different effects to fit the style of the video. Text+ is great for that, but placing them on the timeline, selecting them and edit their content is tedious and not very precise. Especially when I have 20, 30.. or 50.

The subtitles track is way easier to work with (but it's very limited in other aspects). Placing the subtitles, going to the next/previous one, etc.... that's why I'm proposing to have more flexibility (THIS can be independent from the other request, but I would like to have both)

I would like to be able to see the first and last frame of the video in the viewer when a subtitle is selected AND the audio track below it. If there are more than one audio track, we could choose which one is linked to the subtitle.

What would cool to is to be able to select the start/end of a subtitle ON the audio track itself. It would be much more precise (I'm sure there are other and better ideas for this particular case, I'm just thinking out loud).

And maybe add an option to hear just the audio of the subtitle after they are moved/shortened/lengthened/edited, instead of constantly having to play, stop, play, move play, stop, etc.
Windows 10
19b
nVidia 3090 - 552.22

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests