Multicam Clip name in Colour Page

• Author

Alex108

Multicam Clip name in Colour Page

PostFri Dec 24, 2021 2:54 pm

Hi there,

When you colour grade a Multicam video, it is very difficult to understand which clip belongs to which camera as they don't show the camera angle in their titles on Colour Page as opposed to the Edit page.

On the Edit page each Multicam piece has an extension to the Multicam timeline name with the camera angle:
DVR_1.jpg
DVR_1.jpg (305.6 KiB) Viewed 454 times

Whereas on the Colour Page, you see only the "Multicam" title with no description of what camera it belongs to:
DVR_2.jpg
DVR_2.jpg (318.5 KiB) Viewed 454 times

That issue not only makes it painful to navigate among lots of various camera angles but also doesn't allow to group the clips of the same camera angle - neither manually, nor with smart bins. You can't do it manually because you don't see the full name of the clip, and you also can't sort them with Smart bins as it only recognizes the first part of the name and doesn't account for the extension with the camera angle you see on the Edit page. That extension appears automatically in the "Name" field in the File properties in the Inspector changing from one clip to another but you can't even separate various Multicam clips by filling the Camera fields e.g., as all the Multicam cuts share the same metadata being recognized by Resolve as a single entity cut into pieces (except for that Name files which is unique for each clip).
DVR_3.jpg
DVR_3.jpg (106.94 KiB) Viewed 454 times

So it doesn't make any sense. When I was preparing the Multicam timeline, I filled the Camera fields of all the video files with their respective names but that metadata doesn't show in the Multicam clips on the Main edit timeline. On the other hand, if I wanted to mark the various Multicam cuts/clips on that main timeline by filling their Camera fields in the Metadata - I can't do it either as they are treated as a single entity and share whatever your type in those fields. So you can't make use of smart bins and group them as I explained previously. Such behaviour is obviously a bug that should be fixed.

Thank you for the brilliant Editing and Colour Grading software, you're the best!

radomir

Re: Multicam Clip name in Colour Page

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 11:05 am

+1
or name + prefix/suffix "multicam"?

Cesar Tejada

Re: Multicam Clip name in Colour Page

PostSun Jan 30, 2022 2:22 pm

+1
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Processor: Intel i7-13700K 16 Cores
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070