Clip Filters In Fusion Page

• Author

Nathan Morgan

Clip Filters In Fusion Page

PostSat May 07, 2022 7:23 pm

It would be very helpful if we could easily navigate between clips in the fusion page using the thumbnail timeline with filters. Specifically being able to set the thumbnail timeline to only display current fusion comps in the timeline. My current project has a bunch of green screens that we are comping in fusion and having this would enable us to more easily jump between the similar setups.

As a bonus this will help my team of adventurers more speedily solve the mystery and minimize the danger of our quest ;)
PC: Resolve 18.0.1, WINDOWS 10, GTX 3090
Desktop Video 12.0
(All bug reports etc. are PC unless specified.)
Mac: Mac Studio M1 Ultra, Resolve 18.0.1, 12.4

Jim Simon

Re: Clip Filters In Fusion Page

PostSun May 08, 2022 3:31 pm

I can see the usefulness of this.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

panos_mts

PostSun May 08, 2022 4:10 pm

Clip filters from the color page also work on the fusion page. Unless you mean a separate and independent clip filter for the fusion page.

Nathan Morgan

PostSun May 08, 2022 4:40 pm

panos_mts wrote:Clip filters from the color page also work on the fusion page. Unless you mean a separate and independent clip filter for the fusion page.

If you set filters in the color page they carry over to the fusion page, but from what I can tell there is no way to set those filters in the fusion page directly. Something as simple as the little drop down that the clips button has in the deliver page would be nice. While I think for me the top priority would be to be able to filter to "Clips with Fusion Comps". Though I really see the usefulness of filters on this page all around. In a collaborative workflow I could mark all of my paint shot yellow and then the vfx artist could set their filter to yellow and instantly see all of the paint shots that needed to be addressed in the sequence, and one could as easily use markers or flags for similar results.

Truthfully I am torn as to if filters should carry over from page to page. I am often irritated by when filters from the color page carry over to the deliver page but I can also see the argument for unifying that functionally. What I would strongly push for is having controls for filters on all pages that are affected by filters.
PC: Resolve 18.0.1, WINDOWS 10, GTX 3090
Desktop Video 12.0
(All bug reports etc. are PC unless specified.)
Mac: Mac Studio M1 Ultra, Resolve 18.0.1, 12.4

Videoneth

• Warnings: 1

PostWed Jun 01, 2022 7:37 pm

+1
Windows 10
19b
nVidia 3090 - 552.22

Videoneth

• Warnings: 1

PostWed Jun 01, 2022 7:48 pm

Nathan Morgan wrote:What I would strongly push for is having controls for filters on all pages that are affected by filters.

yep

and the fusion page could have just one button or settings with : Show me just my Fusion comps.

It doesn't make sense to have to set up filters on another page (especially one being "after" the fusion page).
Windows 10
19b
nVidia 3090 - 552.22

Jim Simon

PostThu Jun 02, 2022 2:49 pm

panos_mts wrote:Unless you mean a separate and independent clip filter for the fusion page.
This, with an option to Follow Color in Fusion, and Follow Fusion in Color.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Gedaly Guberek

PostSun Jun 19, 2022 11:19 pm

+1

Currently filters carry over from Color to Fusion, then reset if I visit Edit page and go back to Fusion. This feels like a bug.

I'd love it if Fusion and Color each had their own independent ability to filter the clips view, and they'd stay consistent - not affected by the active filter on the other page.

michaelh99

PostWed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm

panos_mts wrote:Clip filters from the color page also work on the fusion page. Unless you mean a separate and independent clip filter for the fusion page.

Apparently this was a bug they've fixed in later versions. I can't get that to work in 18.6.6.7

[later...]

never mind, I missed the detail that going to the edit page resets this.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests