Improvements creating Speed-Ramping/much easier to edit

• Author

nicowieditz

Improvements creating Speed-Ramping/much easier to edit

PostSat Jan 21, 2023 11:36 am

The current speed ramp editor with its curves and time settings is very very cumbersome to handle, sometimes display to get from 800 percent to 4000 percent is given in TIME and sometimes in percent. This costs me a lot of time and there is NO solution yet to make it much more user friendly.

Something must definitely happen here, I edit a lot of drone shots with DRS, here it must become significantly easier for the user. PLEASE!!!!
Cameras: BM Ursa Mini Pro 12k (BRAW), BMPCC 6k (BRAW), Ronin 4D (PRO RES RAW)
Computers: MacPro 7.1 128 GB VRAM

Jim Simon

Re: BIG improvements creating Speed-Ramping/much easier to e

PostSun Jan 22, 2023 5:22 pm

How, specifically?

A generic "make it better" isn't very actionable.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Mart_Williams

PostThu Jan 26, 2023 12:46 am

Jim Simon wrote:How, specifically?

A generic "make it better" isn't very actionable.

1. Make retime speed the default, not retime frame or at least allow us to choose and then choose a hotkey for that.
2. Allow us to choose ease in/out as default for keyframes
3. Make it possible to select more than one keyframe, then, we can make changes to multiple keyframes, such as ease in/out or lift them.
4. Give us more ease in/out options and presets such as a bell curve (drop three keyframes and lift the middle one to automatically create a perfectly eased in and out curve)
5. If in a future time, probably many, many more years in the future (I've already waited years) when we can select more than one keyframe at a time, it would also be helpful to then make changes to the handles of multiple keyframes, even if it's just a pair.

It can be a hugely tedious process dealing with lots of speedramp keyframes, as I do with some of my work. I have to click each keyframe, mouse back to the ease button to change that, and then do the same for the next one, I could have 50 of them, and you have to land quite accurately on those little dots each time. Then I have to go back and click each keyframe again to access the handles and then click and drag out the handle for every single one, again it's quite precise work, and it's tedious, fiddly work and could be solved so easily by Blackmagic I imagine.

Tom Knight

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 3:54 pm

@Mart_Williams and BMD:

Yes, these are very good suggestions. I wish all of that too. Speed ramping is actually very cumbersome at the moment. I would be happy to see this process improved.
German User | Resolve Studio 18.5 Beta, Windows 11, i7, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, 32 GB RAM

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests