More copy/paste options for markers

• Author

Videoneth

• Warnings: 1

More copy/paste options for markers

PostWed Mar 27, 2024 5:19 pm

After copying the markers from a timeline, I would like to be able to paste everything on the new timeline at the exact same position.

Meaning, if the first marker starts at 00:50, if the playhead at 00:00 on the receiving timeline, everything is shifted. Which is totally normal and fine because I used this to change markers in the middle of a timeline sometime.

It would be cool to have a way to paste the markers at their original position.
Maybe a ctrl+shift+v, or anything to switch between the two modes during the pasting of markers.
Windows 10
19b
nVidia 3090 - 552.22

Jim Simon

Re: More copy/paste options for markers

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 pm

Markers Paste relative to the playhead. I think this approach adds additional functionality, and is all we really need. I don't think development resources should be spent on adding something we can already achieve. I think the better solution is for you to adapt and just put the playhead where you want.

I vote no.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Videoneth

• Warnings: 1

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 7:53 pm

You realize that nobody cares about your "development" resource spam? I mean, the dev team of BMD? Do you think they don't know how to handle these feature requests?

Do you think BMD is here? Uh, oh, we were ready to implement this FR, but Jim doesn't want us to. So guys, I think we should remove this FR from our list. 

You just gaslight people for the sake of it; can you stop?! You don't need to worry constantly about development resources because it's none of your business first of all, and all it does is gaslight people!

Nobody, I mean no one, is going after your FR and responding with this type of message. Nobody is telling you that your FR are not needed. Nobody is posting what you do because they have basic respect for people on this forum.

Can you respect that?! Can you not respond to everything when the only thing you have against something is that you just don't want someone to have a particular FR implemented?

Many of your FR, and other Fr are super niche and are useful to just 1% of the user base of Resolve. Do you see me constantly in your posts "voting no, I don't want that"?, you don't - I leave your suggestions and everyone's else alone, and if BMD thinks something is a good idea, they will add it. If not, they'll do nothing.

They, and mostly we, don't need anyone talking about "ressource".

You drive me nuts dude.
Windows 10
19b
nVidia 3090 - 552.22

jjsawdon

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 8:31 pm

+1 to the original request. I'd like "Copy to Original Timecode," "Copy Relative to Playhead," and "Copy Relative to In/Out Point" options for markers.
Online Editor & Scripter
GitHub: https://github.com/jjsawdon
IMDb: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5407671
System Specs: Mac Pro (Late 2013)
  • macOS Monterey 12.6.8
  • 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
  • 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
  • AMD FirePro D500 3 GB

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests