Fix Next / Previous Clip Bug in Edit Page

• Author

axelkozber

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 am

For some reason the Next Clip / Previous Clip shortcuts in the edit page do not really work and are buggy. When you make the viewer fullscreen, sometimes you cannot go to next / previous clip at all, sometimes it works once or twice, and then stops working. You have to exit fullscreen for the next / previous clip shortcuts to work again. When I am editing and comparing some clips, and I need to see them in full detail, it is pretty inconvenient to have to keep closing and opening the fullscreen viewer just to flip between clips. It works perfectly on the color page when using the fullscreen viewer, but of course you can't edit or delete clips on the timeline from that page, and it wouldn't make sense to have to switch over just so you can compare clips in fullscreen, just to have to switch back to remove one from the timeline.

Marc Wielage

Re: Fix Next / Previous Clip Bug in Edit Page

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 am

You're using the Up Arrow (previous clip) and Down Arrow (next clip) shortcuts? They work for me in all modes.

Worst case, reload the DaVinci (factory) shortcuts in the Keyboard Customization menu and see if that restores normal operation.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Joe Shapiro

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 2:32 am

Decent chance this is tickling a bug in the command routing from the Cinema Viewer to the Timeline Panel. While I haven’t experienced this with the up/down arrows it always happens with enable/disable clip. Here’s a video demonstration:
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 18.6.6
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1

Jim Simon

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 pm

"Fix a bug" is not really a new Feature. Those threads should probably be posted in the regular forum.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

axelkozber

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 4:19 pm

Marc Wielage wrote:You're using the Up Arrow (previous clip) and Down Arrow (next clip) shortcuts? They work for me in all modes.

Worst case, reload the DaVinci (factory) shortcuts in the Keyboard Customization menu and see if that restores normal operation.

It works fine for you when you when you use CTL+F viewer on the edit page? I tried switching to the Default bindings and I tried the other default bindings too, none of them work. This is a weird bug that has persisted on my computer through Resolve updates and even new windows installs. Are you on a Mac or windows?

axelkozber

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 pm

Jim Simon wrote:"Fix a bug" is not really a new Feature. Those threads should probably be posted in the regular forum.

That's a good point. I'm new to the forum. Is there a way for me to move the thread?

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests