Copy the nodes tree of a Fusion comp/Title from edit page

• Author

Videoneth

• Warnings: 1

Copy the nodes tree of a Fusion comp/Title from edit page

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 8:20 pm

I'm dealing with a problematic Fusion title that worked on 18.x.x.

I can't go into Fusion because it will freeze the whole program and then crash.

This made me realize that it would be extremely useful to be able to copy the content of a fusion composition or title from the edit page, so we can paste it in a text editor to tweak it outside of Resolve.

We could have a simple icon next to the magic wand icon in the inspector, or something under the 3 dots menu of the inspector when the Fusion element is selected.

This would help a lot if Davinci Resolve is stuck and constantly opens a project on the fusion page with the problematic node tree. Or useful for those who don't want to constantly go back and forth between pages.
I've seen many people tweaking their nodes outside of Fusion, mostly those who make templates like MrAlexTech.

I'll add a thing to this if it's implemented. The ability to replace nodes likes this from the Edit page by loading a .settings (or whatever text file) from the same new menu.
Last edited by Videoneth on Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10
19b
nVidia 3090 - 552.22

Jim Simon

Re: Copy the nodes tree of a Fusion comp/Title from edit pag

PostSat Apr 20, 2024 3:26 pm

Seems to me fixing the Fusion crash should be BMD's priority.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Olivier MATHIEU

PostSat Apr 20, 2024 3:28 pm

Videoneth wrote:We could have a simple icon next to the magic wand icon in the inspector, or something under the 3 dots menu of the inspector when the Fusion element is selected.

Good idea
Resolve Studio 18.6.x & Fusion Studio 18.6.x | MacOS 13.6.x | GUI : 3840 x 2160 | Ntw : 10Gb/s
MacbookPro M2 Max

Editor, Compositing Artist
Davinci Resolve & Fusion Certified Trainer

Videoneth

• Warnings: 1

PostSat Apr 20, 2024 8:46 pm

Olivier MATHIEU wrote:
Videoneth wrote:We could have a simple icon next to the magic wand icon in the inspector, or something under the 3 dots menu of the inspector when the Fusion element is selected.

Good idea

I updated the FR.

I was mostly thinking about bypassing the whole page to be able to work around a problem, but I realized that it can be useful for many other things.

There are people who are tweaking their nodes outside of Fusion with a text editor because it's way faster and easier that way in some situations. I remember three big YouTubers doing that for their templates. MrAlexTech, Patrick Sterling, and Jayr TV. I just remembered about it now, and it could be helpful for those who do that.

Under this new menu, we could load a text/settings file that would swap the node tree without having to open Fusion. And later, even add something for those who use scripting in Resolve, so they can even do that programmatically (just throwing this idea out there, I'm sure there could be some applications out there for this).

And for Jim, waiting for a fix from BMD is pretty unrealistic because if it comes, it will be months. So people having more tools to work around these kinds of stuff until a fix exists would be pretty nice. And it would make the whole program way more flexible.
Windows 10
19b
nVidia 3090 - 552.22

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests