Images, text and color nides

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

LENSLAB

Images, text and color nides

PostFri Apr 19, 2024 10:36 pm

I am a new user of DaVinci and I'm having an issue with the grade and color correcting interfering with the emojis on the timeline. the grade is applied to the timeline however I cant seem to figure out how to separate it from the timeline. the emojis are losing their colors due to the LUTs and color grade applied to the videos. I realize that if i had graded the clips one by one it might evade this issue however it's just an easier workflow to color correct everything and then grade the clips each separate.

A After image is placed below, the actual emoji PNG should have purple and pink colors in it.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-19 183334.png
this is the AFTER when the clip is on the timeline
Screenshot 2024-04-19 183334.png (373 KiB) Viewed 178 times

Marc Wielage

Re: IMAGES, TEXTS AND COLOR NODES

PostSat Apr 20, 2024 12:04 am

My advice: don't try to color correct on the Timeline layer (for the very problems you're encountering). Use Clip level nodes instead. I only reserve Timeline nodes or Adjustment Layer corrections for very, very unusual circumstances. Note that you can take the clip grade for one shot and apply it to everything in the timeline in a few seconds, which is the way a lot of us come up with a starting point.

For anybody new to Resolve Color, be sure read the free textbook "The Colorist Guide to DaVinci Resolve 18," available on Blackmagic's Training website:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... e/training

You'll find this is enormously helpful, as are their free video tutorials. The 4035-page manual is good as well, but the textbook presents the basic material in a much more concise way. (A Resolve 19 update is coming soon.)
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve