Copy multiple nodes to post clip

• Author

dave4443

Copy multiple nodes to post clip

PostTue Apr 23, 2024 6:11 pm

Copy and pasting multiple nodes seems to be tempermental, sometimes they all copy, sometimes only one copies.
They never copy to a post clip and only one will copy over

Can we just have it so that everytime we copy multiple nodes, they always paste multiple nodes?

I know the middle mouse works for normal clips, it doesn't work for group post clips

Marc Wielage

Re: Copy multiple nodes to post clip

PostWed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 am

dave4443 wrote:I know the middle mouse works for normal clips, it doesn't work for group post clips

There is a logic to it. I just tried it with Resolve 19, and if you grab a Post-Clip Grade (which grabs a Gallery Stll with the word POST in it), that will copy just fine. But if you're sitting in a Group Post-Clip Node tree, and then apply a regular Clip still, then it will append the clip grade to the end of the Post-Clip Node tree.

I think the answer is: don't do that. If you need to apply a Group Grade to a clip, just add the clip to the group. If you don't like the effects of the group grade, create a new group and change it in there.

I think a lot depends on how you use Groups and what you expect from them. Generally, I'm creating LOOKS in groups, so the regular node tree is just doing the basic grade and keeping everything consistent. Post-Clip is all about a new client look or request. I concede that everybody works differently, and there's a lot of different approaches you could use. A lot might change (for example) if you take a look at Node Stack Layers in Resolve 19, which -- in a way -- kind of give you access to a number of nodes at one time, and you could use a rippled value there to affect a few clips or many clips. There's a lot of options available.

I do use PowerGrades as Post-Clip Group sources in some cases, but there are times when I just want to drag over one or two nodes and then create a whole new Post-Clip Group with a different name. A lot of it boils down to "node philosophy" and how you prefer to work.
Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests