"Selection Follows Playhead" should work for subtitles

• Author

philtimm

"Selection Follows Playhead" should work for subtitles

PostTue Apr 23, 2024 8:47 pm

I'm loving how Resolve autoconverts audio to subtitles, but I find myself needing to do a fair bit of editing to them once they're done.

I'd like the "Selection Follows Playhead" Timeline option to apply to Subtitle tracks - when selected with the Auto Track Selector, of course - to work and for the Inspector to update with whatever subtitle is underneath the playhead

While I'm here, the "Create subtitles from audio" dialogue could have more options, like the ability to choose the number of lines rather than being limited to a choice of either 1 or 2 lines, for a start.

Also, I build a lot of portrait videos and find that the text regularly extends off the sides of the screen. Yes, I can shrink the font down, but it would be better if Resolve didn't generate text that can't be read.
HP Z8 G4 Workstation (dual Xeon Silver 4116)
160GB 2400MHz RAM
Nvidia RTX A5000 24GB GPU
512GB NVMe sys drive
4TB NVMe RAID0 scratch drive
24TB G-Drive Shuttle XL RAID5 storage (Thunderbolt2)

Win 11 (Version 23H2)
Resolve Studio 19.0B Build 20

Videoneth

• Warnings: 1

Re: "Selection Follows Playhead" should work for subtitles

PostWed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 pm

They either removed this basic function or it's a bug that was never fixed.
1 1/2 years ago, I posted about it too here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=176657

I'm glad someone else is talking about it, because it's a bit ridiculous, honestly. We get very fancy transcription stuff, and at the same time, the most basic (and useful) option is removed.

It makes no sense because it was working well before. I used it many times to be able to cut subtitles without having to constantly click on them
Windows 10
19b2
nVidia 3090 - 552.22

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests