DaVinci Resolve 17 | Feature Requests list

• Author

aglyons

Re: DR17 | Feature Request - 2:1 Output Blanking like on P4K

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 5:10 am

waltervolpatto wrote:
aglyons wrote:The P4K had 2:1 guides added in firmware 6.1 but I don't see that ratio in the output blanking in Resolve.

The blanking page should have two numbers (beside the presets): a H/V ratio.

In that way you will express the ration as [2]:[1] or something like [2048]:[858] or any arbitrary number and get exactly the ratio you need on the project.

Actually, I'm referring to the timeline blanking setting under the timeline menu. Using the node based blanking introduces it's own issues.

Diede van Vree

Re: DaVinci Resolve 17 | Feature Requests list

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 12:09 pm

When double-clicking in the media pool (empty space) pops up the import screen.
Windows 10 2004, Resolve Studio 17, Nvidia Studio 457.30
Intel 9960x (16C/32T), 128gb RAM, 1080 GTX 8GB
Mobo: Asus 299x TUF Mark 2

Rick van den Berg

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 12:47 pm

in the fusion tab, the ability to preview clips in your media pool

Jon Greene

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 12:56 pm

Diede van Vree wrote:(Very) Small request:
At random times the mediapool in the edit page has shifted to the right. (cutting of the names of the files)
Can this be fix this and align to the left by default.

(Not having to slide it back manually ever time)

Yes!

mlfnori

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 1:38 pm

A keyboard shortcut for cycling through open timelines! This is crucial for speeding up my workflow.

Nathan Morgan

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, but OFX plug-ins that select a color do not have the color picker option on the edit page. Ex Color Compressor, Color Generator
PC: Resolve 18.0.1, WINDOWS 10, GTX 3090
Desktop Video 12.0
(All bug reports etc. are PC unless specified.)
Mac: Mac Studio M1 Ultra, Resolve 18.0.1, 12.4

Greg Agiannidis

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 6:33 pm

mlfnori wrote:A keyboard shortcut for cycling through open timelines! This is crucial for speeding up my workflow.

If you enable Stacked timeline view, you see every timeline you have opened in the project in its own tab. From there it's a matter of clicking the one you want, or even stacking them in a dual timeline fashion for quick access. Or at the very least you can choose from the Timeline viewer, via the down arrow next to the name of the displayed timeline, any other you have opened.

On a related note, and an annoying one at that, switching from one timeline to another, takes about 3-4 seconds each time I switch, so if *that* could be fixed it would be tremendous!
Intel i7 13700K @3,4 Ghz-- Geforce RTX 3090 24GB -- 64GB DDR5 RAM -- 512GB OS nvMe -- 512GB nvMe scratch -- 1TB nvMe footage -- Windows 10 LTSC edition

rsf123

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 7:00 pm

Simple drawing tools that enable us to draw lines with arrowheads.

Of course we can presently use simple lines and polygon tools to create these simple shapes, but I find it difficult to repeatedly create the same angle of the arrowhead relative to the arrow-line, no matter what direction the arrow is pointing.

It would be so much easier of Davinci's draw features had a range of many standard, commonly used shapes, not just ellipse and rectangle.
Last edited by rsf123 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

anikolic

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 7:49 pm

+1 for quicker switching of timelines.

Greg Agiannidis wrote:
mlfnori wrote:A keyboard shortcut for cycling through open timelines! This is crucial for speeding up my workflow.

On a related note, and an annoying one at that, switching from one timeline to another, takes about 3-4 seconds each time I switch, so if *that* could be fixed it would be tremendous!

tadhgosullivan

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 1:16 am

'Save as default' on subtitle settings. Currently settings are not even maintained when copying across timelines and have to be set - font, size, alignment - for every timeline.

Trensharo

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 2:10 am

Getting rid of the 10 second Control Surface Search should not be something that has to wait for a full version upgrade.

Need ASIO support on Windows.

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 3:13 am

aglyons wrote:
waltervolpatto wrote:
aglyons wrote:The P4K had 2:1 guides added in firmware 6.1 but I don't see that ratio in the output blanking in Resolve.

The blanking page should have two numbers (beside the presets): a H/V ratio.

In that way you will express the ration as [2]:[1] or something like [2048]:[858] or any arbitrary number and get exactly the ratio you need on the project.

Actually, I'm referring to the timeline blanking setting under the timeline menu. Using the node based blanking introduces it's own issues.

Im talking about the preset for the timeline as well, at the moment I have in the drop down menu some choices, but I'd I have something just a bit out of the ordinary you have to do a bunch of math.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Diede van Vree

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 9:05 am

The audio library is great! But sometimes I don't know what it is I'm looking for exactly (what name to use in search). It would be very nice if we also could browse the audio library by folders. All my music and SFX are in folders by category already.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

jensgruen

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 9:52 am

- Full Screen on Second Monitor

- better multitrack workflow i.e. better playback of at least 6 HD streams on a decent machine. if premiere can do it and final cut x too, why not resolve?

- fusion page: reduce the memory hogging

other then that: resolve 16 is a treat to work with.

Diede van Vree

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 9:55 am

jensgruen wrote:- Full Screen on Second Monitor

You can get that with a blackmagic card. (for example, the decklink mini monitor (4k) )

Remco Hekker

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 10:06 am

I would love the ability to set a "Project path" in my project setting.
Then, I would like to make presets that use this "project path".

Example:
* I would like my audio mixdowns to always be saved in %project path%\In progress\Audio
* I would like to make an archival export preset that delivers one version of my film in %project path%\output\archival and the second copy to %project path%\output\compressed
System:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (version 20H2 O.S. build 19042.685)
Gigabyte Technology Co. Z390 DESIGNARE.
Intel Core i9-9900K @3.6GHz
32GB Ram
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Blackmagic Design Mini Monitor

Jon Greene

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 1:12 pm

northcreative wrote:An option for Inclusive or Exclusive out point in the timeline for Edit and Delivery.

+1

Jon Greene

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Remco Hekker wrote:I would love the ability to set a "Project path" in my project setting.
Then, I would like to make presets that use this "project path".

+1
Last edited by Jon Greene on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

jensgruen

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 5:21 pm

have "publish to edit page" in fusion nodes so you can easy make parameters available in the edit page from the fusion tab. i know there are macros / templates. but its just to cumbersome to do it. a small item on the context menu for each parameter in fusion would be enough. so you can have for example nice titles but dont have to go into the fusion page to edit the text.

jensgruen

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 5:22 pm

Diede van Vree wrote:

You can get that with a blackmagic card. (for example, the decklink mini monitor (4k) )

i know. but thats not what i meant. dont start this "thats how you have to do it discussion". Resolve evolved way beyond big editing bays. so it would be a welcome addition.

Erik Diaz

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 5:24 pm

I Just need 3 things to make the switch from premiere:

1 - Ability to dock and rezise windows on the UI so I'm able to customize my work space and to use more than two monitors.
2 - Asio Support for 5.1 and 7.1 setups.
3 - Add a chekbox on subtitle pannel to enable outside stroke on font.

Diede van Vree

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 5:57 pm

jensgruen wrote:
Diede van Vree wrote:

i know. but thats not what i meant. dont start this "thats how you have to do it discussion". Resolve evolved way beyond big editing bays. so it would be a welcome addition.

Then be more specific in what you want. If you want full screen on a second monitor you can get it(with the deck link). If you want full screen without the use of a black magic card, just say that than.

Jim Simon

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:The blanking page...

He's talking about the preset list under the Timeline Menu. I'd like to have both 2:1 and 2.2:1 (70mm) as option here as well.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Jim Simon

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Rick van den Berg wrote:in the fusion tab, the ability to preview clips in your media pool

You can do that now.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Da Ilya

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Problems with copying a piece of video or audio placed on the timeline.

If I press copy and paste during work, it inserts where the red stripe of the player is located.

Works fine:
1. If I press copy and paste during work, I insert it where the red stripe of the player is located (only on the same track). It works well.
2. If you click save project Ctrl + S, everything works correctly, as in paragraph 1.

Errors in the work:
1. If you click “save as” Ctrl + Shift + S, and try to copy a video segment on the timeline (audio, video or text) and press paste Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V, then the segment will be inserted at the beginning of the track closing what there was. After trying to Ctrl + Shift + S, I tried to play the collected Space clip, and then insert Ctrl + V, anyway, insert the corresponding track at the beginning, and not where the red playback bar (after Ctrl + Shift + S, the Space button does not cure the problem / Everything comes back to normal, once you have inserted something, and it is inserted at the beginning of the track, then the correct work is resumed and the new (after the failed one) insertion of the fragment takes place where the red playback band starts) ...

Does not work, is not provided, and often need a function:
1. When you try to copy a created segment to another track, this is impossible to do. You can copy and paste only within one track. It is necessary: ​​to be able to copy video from "track 1" and be able to paste on video "track 2" (for example). At the same time, if you drag with a mouse, you can drag it, and using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V, does not work (it can insert only within its own primary placement track).

-------------------the same in Russian-------------------

Проблемы с копированием размещенного на таймлайне куска видео или аудио.

Если нажимаю копировать и вставить в процессе работы, то вставляет туда, где находится красная полоска проигрывателя.

Нормально работает:
1. Если нажимаю копировать и вставить в процессе работы, то вставляет туда, где находится красная полоска проигрывателя (только на ту же дорожку)
2. Если нажать сохранить проект Ctrl+S, все работает корректно, как и в пункте 1.

Ошибки в работе:
1. Если нажать “сохранить как” Ctrl+Shift+S, и попробовать скопировать видео отрезок на таймлайне (аудио, видео или текст) и нажать вставить Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, то отрезок вставится в начало дорожки закрыв собой то, что там было. Пытался пустить после Ctrl+Shift+S проигрывание собранного клипа Space, и далее вставить Ctrl+V, все равно, вставляет в начало соответствующей дорожки, а не туда, где красная полоса проигрывания…

Не работает, не предусмотрено, а часто нужна функция:
1. При попытке созданный отрезок скопировать на другую дорожку, это невозможно сделать. Копировать и вставлять можно только в пределах одной дорожки. Нужно: иметь возможность копировать на видео дороже 1 и иметь возможность вставлять на видео дорожку 2 (к примеру). При этом, если тащить мышкой, то перетащить можно, а использовав сочетание клавиш Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, результата не дает (может вставлять только в пределах своей же дорожки первичного размещения).
-------
i7-8550U, 16GB VRAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB, SSD

Chris P

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 9:28 pm

In Media Pool: ability for search function to work within nested bins.

For example, if the "Master" bin is selected, search should work within every bin within it.

(Sometimes when we're searching, we don't know what bin a clip is in. That's why we're searching!)

Jon Greene

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 12:07 am

jensgruen wrote:have "publish to edit page" in fusion nodes so you can easy make parameters available in the edit page from the fusion tab. i know there are macros / templates. but its just to cumbersome to do it. a small item on the context menu for each parameter in fusion would be enough. so you can have for example nice titles but dont have to go into the fusion page to edit the text.

+10 (And how about a toggle next to each control - then we could isolate order up what we want/need to see over in the edit page.)

Jon Greene

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 12:10 am

JamesMaynardGelinas wrote:xy pos keyframe in the edit tab....

+1

waltervolpatto

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 1:05 am

Jim Simon wrote:
waltervolpatto wrote:The blanking page...

He's talking about the preset list under the Timeline Menu. I'd like to have both 2:1 and 2.2:1 (70mm) as option here as well.

Im talking about the same menu.
Instead of adding "presets", just add a custom where you put two numbers: do you want 2:1? Put "2" and "1".
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled

biomechtofu2

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 1:27 am

I don't see this posted enough or seem to be any one that knows about it.

Color Science Gen 4 URSA Mini Pro 4.6k G1/G2 added for IDT in ACES and input color space for Color Managed YRBG

Not sure why this hasn't been added as I know many people use this camera and more are moving to ACES workflow. This doesn't make sense to me as this is the top of the line camera and it's not even properly supported in your own software properly.

Just questioning how those of us who use your best equipment are treated.

Trensharo

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 2:06 am

Diede van Vree wrote:The audio library is great! But sometimes I don't know what it is I'm looking for exactly (what name to use in search). It would be very nice if we also could browse the audio library by folders. All my music and SFX are in folders by category already.

+1

Also +1 to Full Screen on second monitor. Decklink is fine, but useless if you have to use a laptop (similar to the Fairlight Audio Accelerator issue). The Intensity box they do have only supports up to 1080p, so is of no use for 4K workflow.

I understand restricting it to BMD card owners for the free version, but for Studio... we should just be able to use the monitors without having to buy extra hardware (or a completely new machine).

Is it just me, or does BMD's software have a lot of "use our hardware" restrictions with very bad availability of solutions to suit different workflows/situations?

medo64

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 3:45 am

Have playback edit point go to the end of previous clip when current clip is deleted. As currently, deleting clips leaves playback point at the same time location which means one has to move backward.

Jean Paul Sneider

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 10:24 am

- Double click on the timeline moves the cursor and starts playback
- Conforming takes so much time. Something in that direction. Maybe a compare option between an aaf
and the current timeline, or between timelines

Diede van Vree

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 11:23 am

Creating optimized media in the background. Probably requested before. But would be sweet.

morph9266

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Firstly, coming from a background where I have been using Prem to edit, SpeedGrade to grade (before they stopped supporting it!) and Fusion for my VFX as a node-based comp will ALWAYS be better IMO than trying to remember where you are in AfterEFfects, being able to hop between pages in DR all in one program is amazing - the progress that BM have made in such a comparatively short time is incredible. Keep up the amazing work!

The few features which I miss from Premiere are as follows...

An easier way to bundle clips into a multi-cam (like Premiere's "Nest & Enable Multi-Cam" option rather than having to use "dummy" multi-cam clips and copy and paste into them. Basically an option to convert a consolidated clip to a multi-cam or an option to "group selected to multi-cam".

A way to delete associated Optimised Media for just the selected clip(s) in the Media bin.

A tick-box or similar for "Use Optimised Media During Playback Only" so when you stop/pause playback of your timeline the original full-res footage is used in the output monitor and then proxy stuff again once playback starts. Would greatly help pixel-peeping, and how effects look etc without the need to keep turning "Use Optimised Media" on and off each time.

Andy

medo64

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Allowing render of only video - without audio track.

bclontz

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 7:44 pm

1) Easier speed control on the cut page. Specifically, I'd like to be able to grab the edge of a clip and drag it to change the duration of the clip by adjusting the playback speed rather than the in/out points of the clip. This can currently be done in the edit panel by doing ctrl+r on the clip and then dragging from the upper edge. A lot of other NLEs also make it easy to do. For instance in Vegas, you can just hold down ctrl and drag the edge of the clip.

2) The thumbnails on the clips on the timeline can show scenes beyond the edge of the clip. This makes it confusing when you are looking at your timeline, because you don't know what clips are in what locations. I would say that the first and last thumbnails on a clip should be taken from the first and last frames of that clip, and update as necessary.

JesusSheep

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 11:03 pm

Apple Pro Rez Will Be Required in Fall.32 Bit Apps on Mac will need to be up graded to 64 Bit .
Read This https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/production-expert-1/2019/6/6/preparing-for-macos-1015-catalina-what-we-know-so-far

Peter Cave

PostSun Jul 14, 2019 7:04 am

JesusSheep wrote:Apple Pro Rez Will Be Required in Fall.32 Bit Apps on Mac will need to be up graded to 64 Bit .
Read This https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/production-expert-1/2019/6/6/preparing-for-macos-1015-catalina-what-we-know-so-far

Only affects FCPX users and Quicktime wrapped files. MXF is unaffected.
Resolve 18.6.2 Mac OSX 13.6 Ventura
Mac Studio Max 32GB UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Jim Simon

PostSun Jul 14, 2019 2:50 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:Instead of adding "presets", just add a custom where you put two numbers: do you want 2:1? Put "2" and "1".

Got it. That would be nice.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

aglyons

PostSun Jul 14, 2019 3:42 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
waltervolpatto wrote:Instead of adding "presets", just add a custom where you put two numbers: do you want 2:1? Put "2" and "1".

Got it. That would be nice.

Here here.

Chris P

PostSun Jul 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Better abilities to find clips in timelines, in particular the ability to find clips in timelines that are not currently active.

examples of what's missing:

the edit index only works with an actively selected timeline. so there is no way to search for clips in timelines that are not active

there is no ability in edit index to find clips by "clip name" instead of "file name" (I.e. metadata should be searchable in timelines

in the media pool when you right-click on a clip to find "usage" in the pop-up menu, "usage" only appears if the clip is used in the active timeline.

(i realize there are various workarounds, but those of which that i've found are cumbersome.)

IAMDimitri

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 9:41 am

Render and Replace.
As it sounds. Render any clip in a format of your choosing and replace existing one.

Jon Greene

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 1:15 pm

Feature Request: Force Redraw Waveform

Issue: Users frequently experience audio clips in the Edit page that do not have their waveforms drawn. This scenario forces users to consume significantly more time syncing edits, titles, subtitles as they must repeatedly use trial and error, whereas a clean, clear waveform would ensure exact positioning the first time. (This situation is amazingly frustrating)

Feature Request Use Case: As a user on the Edit page, I would like the ability right-click on one or more audio clips and choose a 'Force Redraw Waveform' option. Resolve would then execute an operation to draw or redraw waveforms for all selected audio clips.

Thank You.

Jim Simon

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 2:57 pm

IAMDimitri wrote:Render any clip in a format of your choosing and replace existing one.

How's that different than Cache?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Robert Arnold

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 9:13 pm

Chris P wrote:In Media Pool: ability for search function to work within nested bins.

For example, if the "Master" bin is selected, search should work within every bin within it.

(Sometimes when we're searching, we don't know what bin a clip is in. That's why we're searching!)

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, this is already a feature in Resolve 16. If you click on the little arrow next to the search icon, you have a choice of All Bins or Selected Bins.

Jim Simon

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 10:22 pm

Jon Greene wrote:Users frequently experience audio clips in the Edit page that do not have their waveforms drawn.

That's been corrected in beta 5. Have you updated?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 11:22 pm

I'd love to have 24 bit audio as an option for AVI and MP4 files.

I'd also like to get AAC bitrates higher than 192 for MP4 files.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

waltervolpatto

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 6:04 am

Jim Simon wrote:
IAMDimitri wrote:Render any clip in a format of your choosing and replace existing one.

How's that different than Cache?

You create static media in a folder that you want ans swap it. Never to be calculated again.

jsandb

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 11:04 am

Proper UI scaling for high-DPI monitors.
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests