Sync in Timeline

• Author

halfmanhalfalligatorhalfshark

Re: Sync in Timeline

PostTue Feb 16, 2021 1:37 pm

Jim Simon wrote:I'd love the ability to select a group of clips already in a timeline and sync them up by the currently available methods - Timecode, Audio, In, Marker.

This should be a right click option.

The first clip selected would the one that doesn't move, with all other clips adjusting accordingly, including audio moving at the subframe level when necessary.

+1 Yes!
I'm losing my Resolve.

PostTue Feb 16, 2021 1:38 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
Dan Sherman wrote:A good developer has to handle everyone form the idiot who has not idea what he is doing, to the power user who pushes the application to it limit.

If the developers over at Adobe can do it, I'm more than hopeful the BMD engineers can as well.

+1 Agree. I use it all the time in premiere
I'm losing my Resolve.

PostTue Feb 16, 2021 1:44 pm

mineralsound wrote:
Jim Simon wrote:WE GOT IT!!!!!!! :D

Amazing! I've been waiting for this for years, I finally made the full transition from Premiere to Resolve as a result. Here's a quick tutorial:

This thread generated a lot of... lively discussions, but suffice to say there were a lot of people who wanted this feature, myself among them, and I'm very glad it's arrived. I just find it to be a very simple and intuitive method and I like how clips can easily be manually/independently nudged and adjusted in the timeline. Thank you BM!

woohoo! thanks!
I'm losing my Resolve.
Previous

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests