Resolve 18b1/b2 - Not Able To Save

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

sturmen

Resolve 18b1/b2 - Not Able To Save

PostFri May 06, 2022 10:34 pm

Working on some small projects and after a while, I am not able to save. Cmd+S and the file menu do nothing, nor does clicking 'Save' on the dialog that appears when I try to quit Resolve.

I think it may have something to do with AudioUnits but I'm not sure yet.

MacBook Pro 16", M1 Max
MacBook Pro, 16", M1 Max 64GB

Reynaud Venter

Re: Resolve 18b1/b2 - Not Able To Save

PostSat May 07, 2022 4:16 pm

Does changing application focus change behaviour? i.e. Focus Finder and refocus Resolve.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Kirill Tupta

PostSat May 07, 2022 7:27 pm

sturmen wrote:Working on some small projects and after a while, I am not able to save. Cmd+S and the file menu do nothing, nor does clicking 'Save' on the dialog that appears when I try to quit Resolve.

MacBook Pro 16", M1 Max

Check if you have enough free space on drive with db on it.

sturmen

PostTue May 10, 2022 1:27 am

Reynaud Venter wrote:Does changing application focus change behaviour? i.e. Focus Finder and refocus Resolve.

It does not.

Kirill Tupta wrote:
sturmen wrote:Working on some small projects and after a while, I am not able to save. Cmd+S and the file menu do nothing, nor does clicking 'Save' on the dialog that appears when I try to quit Resolve.

MacBook Pro 16", M1 Max

Check if you have enough free space on drive with db on it.

I'm editing off the one and only internal SSD, and I have 1.46 TB free.

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

PostTue May 10, 2022 1:54 am

Can you grab a log and post when you are seeing the problem?
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

sturmen

PostWed May 11, 2022 12:19 pm

The log archive that Resolve generated is 1.4 MB, which exceeds the forum's 1 MiB limit. Is there an email address I can email it to?

Alternatively, I have uploaded it to Wormhole: https://wormhole.app/QOpY3#WNwXfANlql-wOBF_4RWXwg

In this instance, my suspicion about AudioUnits is seeming more likely. The last version of the project that DID save was when I had adjusted the channel strip parameters just before I added my first AudioUnit.

sturmen

PostSun May 15, 2022 8:30 pm

Hopefully there's a b3 release tonight that fixes this but here's some more info:
I'm like 99.9% sure this has to do with iZotope's AudioUnits. When I add RX 9 I'm not able to save, but if I remove it and wait a few minutes it often recovers and I'm able to save. Sometimes this can take up to 10 minutes but almost always works.

Mike Warren

PostMon May 16, 2022 9:18 am

sturmen wrote:Hopefully there's a b3 release tonight that fixes this but here's some more info:
I'm like 99.9% sure this has to do with iZotope's AudioUnits. When I add RX 9 I'm not able to save, but if I remove it and wait a few minutes it often recovers and I'm able to save. Sometimes this can take up to 10 minutes but almost always works.

This is a longstanding issue so don't expect it to be solved quickly. The observations people have made are that it does seem to be triggered by something related to audio keyframes.

The workaround which has always solved it for me is to switch to another timeline and then back to the one that you were working on. Create a new timeline if you only have one.
Resolve Studio 17.4.6 - Fusion Studio 17.2.2 - Windows 10
Gigabyte GTX1080ti 11GB - AMD 1950X - 64GB 2400
Gigabyte X399 AORUS Gaming 7
Intensity Pro 4k
Presonus 192 Audio Interface
Separate M.2 SSDs for OS and Resolve Cache

sturmen

PostMon May 16, 2022 3:10 pm

Mike Warren wrote:
sturmen wrote:Hopefully there's a b3 release tonight that fixes this but here's some more info:

This is a longstanding issue so don't expect it to be solved quickly. The observations people have made are that it does seem to be triggered by something related to audio keyframes.

The workaround which has always solved it for me is to switch to another timeline and then back to the one that you were working on. Create a new timeline if you only have one.

Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a go.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostTue May 17, 2022 9:30 am

the logs are missing from that link
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

sturmen

PostTue May 17, 2022 12:58 pm

Mike Warren wrote:

Thanks! This worked for me!
Peter Chamberlain wrote:the logs are missing from that link

I've uploaded new logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnRB88NUtJH7iIc8bmC ... w?e=jE8eoA

Return to DaVinci Resolve