Critical Error Saving Projects

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Lucas Paschoalick

Critical Error Saving Projects

PostWed May 18, 2022 4:32 pm

hey guys I'm experience this error with the Studio 18.0b - Build 10

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (350.63 KiB) Viewed 1268 times

this happens with all my projects and does not to be trigger by anything specific... this error keeps popping up every a few minutes, and when it does I need to restart the program or else it will keep popping up in a loop.

These is the link with my Davinci Log and the project I'm current working on:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

My Davinci Has all the permissions to write and read in all my drivers, and there is more than enough space in disk to save anything... And I tried projects from different disks as well.

If anyone has any advice of how I can work around this I would appreciate very much. =)

Lucas Paschoalick

Re: Critical Error Saving Projects

PostWed May 18, 2022 4:43 pm

I took a look at the logs and looks like this is the error:

[0x0000179c] | SyManager.AutoSave | ERROR | 2022-05-18 13:10:53,360 | Failed to commit autosave transaction for project fatte casa 1, exception caught Failed to commit database transaction: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed Unable to commit transaction
[0x0000179c] | SyManager.AutoSave | ERROR | 2022-05-18 13:10:53,360 | DaVinci Resolve failed to successfully backup fatte casa 1.

But I don't understand a thing :roll:

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

PostThu May 19, 2022 2:36 am

Can you PM me your Resolve project and logs captures from Help menu?
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

capthook

PostThu May 19, 2022 6:35 am

Lucas Paschoalick wrote:
...If anyone has any advice of how I can work around this I would appreciate very much. =)

Might try turning off auto-save in the preferences until it gets sorted out?
Maybe? (I have off/not checked in 'Live save')

autosave.jpg
autosave.jpg (41.96 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 | Nvidia Studio 537.42 | Mavic 2P | GH6 | Ronin SC
i9 13900K | 64GB 5600MHz DDR5 RAM | RTX4080 16GB | (4) 990Pro 2tb m.2 | Windows 11

beachboybry

PostThu May 19, 2022 3:28 pm

Ugh. I can't believe this is STILL occurring. This crippled me editing a feature in this past year and i ended up having to make all new Databases and projects. I really wish BM would address these fundamental issues instead of shiny new features that albeit cool, make editing much more difficult than it should be. It's like a shiny new tin roof and paint on a house with structural issues.

Lucas Paschoalick

PostSat May 21, 2022 12:24 pm

Rohit Gupta wrote:Can you PM me your Resolve project and logs captures from Help menu?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

These is the link with the Davinci Logs and the project. :D

Lucas Paschoalick

PostSat May 21, 2022 12:31 pm

capthook wrote:
Lucas Paschoalick wrote:
...If anyone has any advice of how I can work around this I would appreciate very much. =)

Might try turning off auto-save in the preferences until it gets sorted out?
Maybe? (I have off/not checked in 'Live save')

autosave.jpg

The new beta 18.0b3 just came out, if this upgrade does not fix I will try to turn of the live save. Thank you friend.

beachboybry wrote:Ugh. I can't believe this is STILL occurring. This crippled me editing a feature in this past year and i ended up having to make all new Databases and projects. I really wish BM would address these fundamental issues instead of shiny new features that albeit cool, make editing much more difficult than it should be. It's like a shiny new tin roof and paint on a house with structural issues.

I saw tons of old posts about error in past versions of Resolve, this truly seems to be a constant issue. I hope they fix it soon because I made a very wrong judgement mistake... I did not backed up my database before upgrade to the Resolve 18, so I am pretty screwed. :cry:

Return to DaVinci Resolve