Feature request: Export YouTube Chapters to File

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

neal007

Feature request: Export YouTube Chapters to File

PostSun May 22, 2022 6:29 pm

I am testing 18b3 and am new to resolve. I like the option to automatically generate chapters for YouTube but this requires that you upload to YouTube. Uploading to YouTube is not ideal for me as I have default settings for uploaded YouTube videos in my creator site such as tags, etc. which don't seem to get applied when uploading from resolve.

Please add a simple export of the select markers to a file or present in a dialog that I can copy and paste out of into YouTube to manually input chapter info. Right now I have to go through a few hoops to export the .edl data and then use a tool on a web site to convert this to YouTube chapter info. Resolve should be able to do this directly.

Thank you.

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: Feature request: Export YouTube Chapters to File

PostMon May 23, 2022 4:58 am

In the Edit Index, select Show Markers > select the marker color that you use for YouTube.

Right click the timeline, Timelines > Export > Edit Index... and save as CSV.

neal007

PostMon May 23, 2022 11:47 am

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:In the Edit Index, select Show Markers > select the marker color that you use for YouTube.

Right click the timeline, Timelines > Export > Edit Index... and save as CSV.

That doesn't work as a one stop generator for YouTube chapters. The content is not correct for pasting into YouTube's description to have chapters created. We need a one stop solution such as an Export for YouTube Chapters... that will create the content we can paste into YouTube directly.

Timelines > Export for YouTube Chapters > Select Marker Color > Save File

roger.magnusson

PostMon May 23, 2022 1:43 pm

Here's one I made: YouTube Video Chapters Plus for DaVinci Resolve

neal007

PostMon May 23, 2022 1:49 pm

roger.magnusson wrote:Here's one I made: YouTube Video Chapters Plus for DaVinci Resolve

Thanks, I'll check it out. It goes without saying DaVinci Resolve (Studio) should do this out of the box.

Steve Alexander

PostMon May 23, 2022 2:09 pm

+1 and thanks to Roger as well.
Time Traveller
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 | Fusion Studio 19.0b1 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4

Return to DaVinci Resolve