Blackmagic Cloud Library Disabled

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

csilverman66

Blackmagic Cloud Library Disabled

PostSun May 22, 2022 10:26 pm

I created a Blackmagic Cloud Library yesterday... test shared it with another computer... worked fine.

Today... no projects are visible and when I check the web interface it lists the project as disabled with no way of enabling it. Am I missing something?

Has anyone had any similar issues with Cloud-based libraries?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 6.23.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 6.23.34 PM.png (83.03 KiB) Viewed 1453 times

dave_muc

Re: Blackmagic Cloud Library Disabled

PostFri May 27, 2022 9:17 am

Same happened to me yesterday. Unfortunately I was stupid enough to trust it with real work... which is gone now. Am in touch with support. Let's see if they can find a solution to restore it.

csilverman66

PostFri May 27, 2022 4:41 pm

dave_muc wrote:Same happened to me yesterday. Unfortunately I was stupid enough to trust it with real work... which is gone now. Am in touch with support. Let's see if they can find a solution to restore it.

I've recreated my Library and started using the cloud backup process... wondering if the Library will be able to be restored if the same issue happens again.

Also wondering if I'm going to be charged twice.

dave_muc

PostSat May 28, 2022 8:20 am

Did you simply create the same cloud library again or could you restore / recover the library you had created before that got disabled?

Support was suggesting to me it might be a billing issue - is that also your experience?

Do you get any confirmation emails or receipts about the billing?

csilverman66

PostSat May 28, 2022 2:00 pm

dave_muc wrote:Did you simply create the same cloud library again or could you restore / recover the library you had created before that got disabled?

In the initial library creation I hadn't yet created a backup... so I just recreated the library/project myself.

dave_muc wrote:Support was suggesting to me it might be a billing issue - is that also your experience?

Now that I look at my email... I never received an invoice from the first setup... so yes... it could have been a billing issue. However I did receive an email invoice for the second Library.

dave_muc

PostSun May 29, 2022 3:07 pm

I created a 2nd library and again after a day it got disabled without warning.

I never received any email invoice for either of the 2 libraries, so I assume it might be a credit card issue. But it did happily accept my creditcard when I created the libraries.

Interestingly their payment platform never asked for any verification ("3D Secure") which is common these days. Often when I do online shopping I have to confirm a credit card charge through my banking app. But not with BM Cloud. So I guess my bank or Mastercard are later declining the charge.

I just think the user should be notified about potential billing issues and given the possibility to solve it, instead of simply disabling the library without warning and no way to bring it back.

I lost a days work and missed a deadline because of it.

Steve Alexander

PostSun May 29, 2022 4:29 pm

Can you view your credit card transactions online to see if they indicate the transaction?
Time Traveller
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 | Fusion Studio 19.0b1 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4

mathias.grundner

PostTue May 31, 2022 8:17 am

Same here. The project library gets disabled after one day. I tried 3 different credit cards and with one there was even a pop-up with 3D Secure. But that also didn't help.

nighght

PostTue May 31, 2022 7:47 pm

Did this get resolved at all? Is Blackmagic Cloud not safe to use for real work?

Jim Simon

PostTue May 31, 2022 9:22 pm

It is in Beta, Jason. As a general rule, that's never good to use for mission critical work.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

nighght

PostTue May 31, 2022 10:19 pm

Thanks Jim. I was just asking if it is a widespread problem people are still having or if this bug is easy to fix. The project I'm on can afford a bit of risk to leverage this feature, and I am requesting information so that I can assess the risk.

dave_muc

PostWed Jun 01, 2022 11:21 pm

It has not been solved yet and it is definitely not safe for real work at this moment. Please do not trust it with your work. Stick to your local library for now.

FYI I have not heard back from support anymore. They don't seem to care. My Library with my work in it is still disabled. Not a good look tbh.

They have a lot of work to do with BM Cloud and I wouldn't touch it for at least another year until it's stable.

Return to DaVinci Resolve