Sync Cameras with 17 and speed editor

• Author

Israel Diaz Torralba

Sync Cameras with 17 and speed editor

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 7:41 am

Hi,

Gran Petty at that moment in the video tells us about multicamera without having to synchronize the clips, but he doesn't say how it is synchronized, is it by time code? How is it done because with normal clips it does not work.When we are at a wedding it is very difficult to synchronize the cameras

time of the video 01:09:52

I would like to know if I have 4 clips that do not have similar time code, because we do not have the machines to synchronize 4 cameras, how can I synchronize them, if there is any way to reset time codes of clips that you have previously synchronized with "Auto Aling Clips" or explain to me How do I do it because I can't

I have managed to create a multicam with selected clips within the multicam timeline, and with the right button "Auto Aling Clips" the tracks are aligned, it would only be necessary to be able to reset and match the time codes of those clips from the metadata and thus we will not return to have synchronization problem and maybe the Gran Petty example will work

Ideally, once the synchronous clips are inside a multicam timeline, it would be to be able to add a timecode that works to be able to go to the cut menu.

Because that part of the video doesn't come out for me, I can't replicate what it does.

###############TRADITIONAL MULTICAM #############

On the other hand in traditional mode "Edit" in multicam. Camera 1..9 function keys in Speed editor not works or not change the camera

##############REPPLICATION GRAN PETTY MULTICAM WITH OPEN MULTICAM TIMELINE

I have replicated something similar to Gran Petty, opening a multicam from the editor and then I have gone to Cut, so I can dump cuts into the multicam

I think that a reset of the time codes of clips that you have synchronized, would be wonderful to be able to work later as Petty

reggards
Last edited by Israel Diaz Torralba on Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uli Plank

Re: SYNC CAMERAS WITH 17 AND SPEED EDITOR

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 1:11 pm

He's working with synced TC.
Resolve Studio 16.2.8 and Fusion Studio under MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
iMac 2017 Radeon Pro 580 8 GB VRAM and 32 GB RAM
2018 Mac mini 16 GB RAM plus eGFX Breakway Radeon RX 580
(currently my test system for DR 17 beta under Catalina 10.15.7)

Israel Diaz Torralba

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Yes I know That editor it is working with TC, the problem it is that in wedding , in free videos not have sincronize TC... also the speed editor not change the camera in mode edition with multiview or not for me.

Jim Simon

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Without timecode synced media, that feature won't work. The traditional Multicam route would be the way to go.

Israel Diaz Torralba

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 6:07 pm

Jim Simon wrote:Without timecode synced media, that feature won't work. The traditional Multicam route would be the way to go.

I think Yes if not TC not works and if you go to edit mode not works cam number of speed editor

I am searching the form work but I stay all the days shearching posibilities

Israel Diaz Torralba

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 10:46 pm

Also I sincro the TC of all shoot record of the wedding day with two cameras BMPC4k

But I dont know in davinci sincronice all the clips, only I can sincro 1 clip for camera, see the picture

I see in youtube that before version I could sincro more clips in one time like Plural eyes

Any one could clarify me.

I in Avid I could sincro a lot of clips with TC.... I see that in the past Davicni, but I not find in this moment.

reggards

Return to DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta