Gallery Still Image Wipe has been unusable for weeks.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Firehouse Creative

Gallery Still Image Wipe has been unusable for weeks.

PostWed Jan 20, 2021 11:26 pm

Resolve 17 b7 (updated just hours ago)
2020 16" MacbookPro (Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB)
Big Sur GM
BRAW from 2 P4Ks and an Ursa 4.6k.
Been editing several episodes without issue, started after the 17 update. No update since has fixed it. No one else seems to have this.

Whenever I'm in the color page while looking at a multicam timeline, I am completely unable to apply a gallery still image wipe. (It's been weeks of this and I'm pulling my hair out because there doesn't seem to be a single thing on the internet, I've been digging for days. Maybe I'm not phrasing it right.)

As soon as I click the image wipe button, use the Gallery menu way, or the physical button on my Micro Panel, I get the same glitch like clockwork: the "timeline clip" half of the viewer glitches out like nothing I've ever seen. Random, full-density colorization, stripe-y... if I click around the UI, it jumps with each click. The other half, the still itself, shows fine. If I drag it to the edge, hard crash back to desktop.

This ONLY happens in a multicam timeline. My master timeline which has the multicam in it, operates fine doing this.

Tried restarts, reinstalls, cache purges, etc. No idea. Attached pic and the last forced-crash log in a zip:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 3.06.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 3.06.31 PM.png (953.05 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Last edited by Firehouse Creative on Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
Wes Langdon
Instagram: @supervibrant

Resolve Studio (current) | Mac Studio M1 Ultra (20-core) | macOS Sonoma | Resolve Mini Panel | Resolve Editor Keyboard | Ultrastudio 4K Mini > LG EP950 & LG CX | Synology DS1821+ over 10Gbe

Rohit Singhal

Blackmagic Design

Re: Gallery Still Image Wipe has been unusable for weeks.

PostThu Jan 21, 2021 3:54 am

Could you please replicate the issue and send us the Resolve logs?

Please review for more details: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190
Rohit Singhal
DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Firehouse Creative

PostMon Jan 25, 2021 7:33 pm

Rohit Singhal wrote:Could you please replicate the issue and send us the Resolve logs?

Please review for more details: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190

Sorry, always thought that referred to the OS log. Here it is, just reproduced it:
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20210125-113158.zip
(512.74 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
---
Wes Langdon

Resolve Studio (current) | Mac Studio M1 Ultra (20-core) | macOS Sonoma | Resolve Mini Panel | Resolve Editor Keyboard | Ultrastudio 4K Mini > LG EP950 & LG CX | Synology DS1821+ over 10Gbe

Firehouse Creative

PostWed Feb 03, 2021 10:34 pm

Firehouse Creative wrote:Resolve 17 b7 (updated just hours ago)
2020 16" MacbookPro (Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB)
Big Sur GM
BRAW from 2 P4Ks and an Ursa 4.6k.
Been editing several episodes without issue, started after the 17 update. No update since has fixed it. No one else seems to have this.

Whenever I'm in the color page while looking at a multicam timeline, I am completely unable to apply a gallery still image wipe. (It's been weeks of this and I'm pulling my hair out because there doesn't seem to be a single thing on the internet, I've been digging for days. Maybe I'm not phrasing it right.)

As soon as I click the image wipe button, use the Gallery menu way, or the physical button on my Micro Panel, I get the same glitch like clockwork: the "timeline clip" half of the viewer glitches out like nothing I've ever seen. Random, full-density colorization, stripe-y... if I click around the UI, it jumps with each click. The other half, the still itself, shows fine. If I drag it to the edge, hard crash back to desktop.

This ONLY happens in a multicam timeline. My master timeline which has the multicam in it, operates fine doing this.

Tried restarts, reinstalls, cache purges, etc. No idea. Attached pic and the last forced-crash log in a zip:

Update: Still present in 17 pb8..... sigh.....
---
Wes Langdon

toSvenson

PostTue Jul 06, 2021 6:54 pm

I have exactly the same issue.

Multicam color grade is very much unusable.
By nature multicam has (long) stacked tracks, making the selection of clips in color page not working. Workaround is going back and forth between the edit and color page, enabling/disabling video tracks.

wipe with a still gives distorted images.

Return to DaVinci Resolve