Transcribe and subtitles less accurate in 18.5b3

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Highlander1701

Transcribe and subtitles less accurate in 18.5b3

PostFri May 26, 2023 1:58 pm

I have Transcribed and subtitled the same clip in English in both 18.5b2 and 18.5b3 and found a lot more errors in 18.5b3. The clip has some very quiet dialogue at the start and the rest at a normal level. The latest beta (18.5b3) missed the quiet dialogue completely placing [music] repeatedly, followed by various word errors at various points throughout the clip. Beta 2 however transcribed the entire clip accurately.

I also found that there was a difference between the transcript and the text of the subtitles within beta 3. I did not think to check this on beta 2.

I do hope the accuracy is corrected by the time of the full release!

As a wish it would be fantastic if the system could also translate from one language to another. Say taking a clip in one language and subtitling in another! One can only hope!

Still great work by the development team!

bradpaulp

Re: Transcribe and subtitles less accurate in 18.5b3

PostMon May 29, 2023 6:26 pm

Hello,
I'm having a similar issues with discrepancy, now that you can edit the transcribed audio.
After editing, I will click the subtitles from audio option, but it doesnt use the edited transcript. It uses the original one that has errors.

I'm uncertain how to get it to use the corrected transcript.

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: Transcribe and subtitles less accurate in 18.5b3

PostTue May 30, 2023 2:20 am

Transcriptions for media and subtitles from timeline audio necessarily go through independent processes, as the latter uses the timeline mix audio.

Editing the text from one should not affect the other. As Peter says in another thread, the inspector allows you to review and edit the generated text for subtitles.

Return to DaVinci Resolve