Effects shows 'Media Offline' after clearing Cache

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Bob Rooney

Effects shows 'Media Offline' after clearing Cache

PostWed May 24, 2023 5:40 pm

In the Davinci File structure in 18.5 (maybe before also), Davinci Resolve is the main folder. Under that folder are other folders, including 'CacheClip'. Under the main folder is also is Media->CacheClip. In readings and instructive videos I believed that these cache files could be deleted. I was running out of disk space on a 2tb SSD drive. I have never deleted these files before but now I did. First, I deleted the CacheClip that was under the main folder. I tested my project with no issues. Then I deleted the files in the Media->CacheClip folder.
I went into my project and the video and audio clips were fine but all my Effects that I had used were now showing as 'Media Offline'. I highlighted one Effect and went to the Fusion page. The Effect was fine with all the options I had set. Yet, when I went back to the Edit page, it was 'Media Offline'.
Anybody else run into this or know what the problem is? Is 18.5 particularly greedy for storage? Had no problems with DR 17 or 18 as far as storage.
Thank you,
Bob
Laptop Specs:

Purchased Spring '23 Running Davinci Resolve 18.5
MSI GT77 HX 13V
64Gig Ram
Display 3480X2160 144 hertz
Intel 13th Generation I9
Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080
Windows 11 Pro
3 2TB SSD

Bob Rooney

Re: Effects shows 'Media Offline' after clearing Cache

PostSun Jun 04, 2023 5:56 pm

I believe this is solved.

What I originally did - after saving all the files - was find the Cacheclip folder and delete it's contents. That's when I ran into problems.

Today I backed it up again and used DR to delete the cache; Playback->Delete Render Cache->All and my project was fine. No issues.
Laptop Specs:

Purchased Spring '23 Running Davinci Resolve 18.5
MSI GT77 HX 13V
64Gig Ram
Display 3480X2160 144 hertz
Intel 13th Generation I9
Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080
Windows 11 Pro
3 2TB SSD

Return to DaVinci Resolve