Camera won’t show up

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sbland26

Camera won’t show up

PostMon Nov 27, 2023 7:17 pm

My church is using Atem Mini Pro. Years ago, we had two Sony BRC-300 cameras for live streaming the service in other rooms of the church. I am trying to see if those two cameras could be used for the Atem streaming. They are ran through BNC cables from SDI output. I purchased a black magic SDI to HDMI converter but I cannot get it to show up on the Atem. When I plug it directly into a monitor, it shows up. Any ideas?

LouisBacker

Re: Camera won’t show up

PostWed Nov 29, 2023 2:54 pm

The BNC output on those cameras is likely not SDI, but composite analogue video. Hence a non-starter to convert to HDMI with the converter you used. I can only assume the monitor you tested it with had the ability to accept that format. You are better off all round just buying Full HD PTZ's with HDMI out.
2 x Sony FX9, 2 x Sony FX6, 6 x Ursa Broadcasts, 2 x Canon CR-N500 PTZeds with MRMC auto-tracking, ATEM CCU, ATEM TV Studio 4K. NewTek Tricaster TC1 and 460. Dataton Watchout, Reckeen 3D Studio & vMix 4K

Howard Roll

PostWed Nov 29, 2023 5:31 pm

The BRC is SDI but it’s standard def which isn’t going to work with an AMP but will likely work with a consumer monitor.

Good Luck

jt1972

PostThu Nov 30, 2023 6:52 pm

I think you will need "Mini Converter UpDownCross HD" -converter for each camera to convert SD to Full HD.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... /W-CONM-28

Return to Live Production