What is the simplest

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

VladimirCara

What is the simplest

PostMon Mar 04, 2024 11:10 am

Im running a QLab off a MacBook Pro M1 and I need out to 4 projectors in 360 configuration (different parts of the same image stitched lengthwise) 1 or 2 SDI camera inputs, and 2- 4 audio in/out

the option I see so far wold be: an Micro Converter BiDirectional SDI/HDMI 12G then 12G SDI Teranex Mini 12G-SDI to Quad SDI then SDI into projectors. With 1 or 2 studio recorders thunderbolt3+ a volt1 L/R usbC. sound interface

The computer is capable of 4 HDMI OUTPUTS (3 USBC and 1 HDMI) which I could use 4 micro converters HHMI TO SDI…. but that lives very little space (even with dongles) for unforeseen situations

Is there a « Black magic » box that can fit my ideal: connect with thunderbolt 3 to my computer have 1 or 2 SDI camera inputs, a min of 4 separate outputs SDI individual or quad, and maybe 2 -4 audio in/out. Basically I’m looking for the equivalent audio interface with video in and 4 out. Also something compact that can travel in a small suitcase. (Did I mention it needs to be as high a resolution as possible and cheap ;)

Thank you for your time…

Thomascavs

Re: What is the simplest

PostMon Mar 04, 2024 8:20 pm

You could try the Datapath FX4 Sdi. We use them and they are very reliable and sdi is an easy signal path.

https://www.datapath.co.uk/datapath-pro ... h-fx4-sdi/
4 x Ursa Broadcast with Studio viewfinder. Ursa Mini Pro 4.6k Ef. Ursa Mini 4k. Ursa Mini 4.6k. Television Studio Pro 4k. Hyperdeck Pro 4k. ATEM Camera control Panel. Autoscript EPIC IP 17. Constellation HD with Advanced panel

Return to Live Production