ATEM MINI PRO - CHROMA KEY / MICROPHONE ISSUE

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Blinker40

ATEM MINI PRO - CHROMA KEY / MICROPHONE ISSUE

PostWed May 22, 2024 10:43 pm

Hey all! I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death, but just wanted to double and triple check, in case there are work arounds.

I purchased the ATEM Mini Pro for a very small, live-to-Zoom studio production. One camera on a host with a green screen. And one laptop running some pre-packaged videos.

Two issues have arisen, which really don't seem complicated but, surprisingly, I can't figure out why the atem mini pro can't do this (or I haven't found the solution yet)!

1) The host is on a green screen. I wan to be able to just always keep the chroma key active with that camera. So every time I cut to that camera, the green screen is active. Seems pretty simple. When camera 1 is selected, the chroma key is active. When you chose a different source, the key goes off. Cut back to the host with a green screen, and the chroma key is on, etc. Strangely, it seems the only way to do this is having a laptop hooked up to the ATEM Mini Pro, and every time I want to cut to that camera, I have to turn it on before I transition. Is there no way to just lock the key into one camera source only and then just use the hardware device to cut back and forth? And yes, I've seen the option in the settings to leave the chroma key on, but in most real world applications, you don't want the key on for every video source. You want it on for only the sources with a green screen...

2) My microphone source is a professional microphone that is plugged into the ATEM MINI PRO mic 1 input on the back. There doesn't seem to be a way to tie this to a source - have the mic tied only to that camera so it follows the video. If I cut to camera one, the mic is tied to camera one. When I cut to another source, the mic turns off. It seems you have to manually turn the mic on and off, which again, doesn't seem to make any practical sense in a real studio situation.

Hopefully I'm missing a setting or some simple solution!

Return to Live Production