HDMI camera compatibility with ATEM Mini

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

tnoonan

HDMI camera compatibility with ATEM Mini

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 11:21 pm

Hello All,
I am looking to plunge into the world of Blackmagic. I am interested in purchasing the ATEM Mini. I am also looking for compatible cameras. I could not find a list of cameras that work with the ATEM mini. Is there a list? Any suggestions for cameras?

randyd

Re: HDMI camera compatibility with ATEM Mini

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 2:59 am

AImost any Camera with an HDMI output is compatible. The biggest issue is if the HDMI output on the camera is not HDMI clean. (ie. if the camera shows settings or focus point on the HDMI out.)

Only the Blackmagic Cameras can be completely controlled by the ATEM.

abba2566

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 1:47 pm

Just to add, Elgato has a pretty decent list of compatible cameras on their website (obviously in their case to work with a capture card) but the main thing is that you can get a clean HDMI output.

It also works with anything with any form of HDMI out, so long as you adapt it - I've used a GH4 (micro HDMI), GH5, BMPCC4K, a Canon XF305 and a Sony ZV1 (micro HDMI) with mine without any issues. It even works with a laptop (which you could run graphics on on a keyer, or bring back a zoom/skype feed in if you were doing an interview over that.)

Again, only Blackmagic cameras can make use of all of the tally and camera control stuff but there are a few work arounds, especially for Tally lights.

Tim_Partridge

PostSat Apr 17, 2021 10:47 pm

I suggest doing a search in this forum for the camera model and the brand to see if anyone is having problems.

Plus a web search for the above and also clean feed to see if people are having problems.

Regards,

Tim

Return to Live Production