Atem Television Studio HD DHCP?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

maxkofler

Atem Television Studio HD DHCP?

PostWed Jan 06, 2021 7:32 pm

Hi there, I have a question:

Is the Atem Television Studio HD capable of using DHCP?
I know Hyperdecks can use it, so it would be useful if the Atem is capable of doing i too

Thanks for your answers in advice :D

jrandom

Re: Atem Television Studio HD DHCP?

PostTue Mar 23, 2021 9:00 pm

Well I just discovered this and all I have to say is "are you freaking serious"? :shock: :?

The newer the ATEM mini series has this, how could this device not received a firmware update for this?

You NEED DHCP if you are intermittently joining any network outside the scope of a local switch. This is absolutely ridiculous to need to contact a net admin to assign an reserved IP specifically for something you would throw in a road kit.

Whats the quick way to find the MAC of the NIC on this device? Why isn't there a sticker with it on the bottom of every device with a NIC? Gees, this is pretty frustrating.

jrandom

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 7:41 pm

Anything?

Does BMD have a uservoice portal? Where we can enter and vote on requests and bug fixes?

Larry_KHCC

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 2:38 pm

Based on the manual the answer is no. Many other Atem products do support DHCP but TSHD is a no it would seem.

David_Anderson

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 8:10 pm

I guess it depends on your needs but my production kits all have their own routers built in. This way I can connect all my equipment on my network and plug in one cable to the locations network. Nothing in my setup ever changes and I also have my own wifi network. I'm basically not depending on anyone for anything but a single DHCP connection for my router to connect to.

Hope this helps.

Best,

David

jrandom wrote:Well I just discovered this and all I have to say is "are you freaking serious"? :shock: :?

The newer the ATEM mini series has this, how could this device not received a firmware update for this?

You NEED DHCP if you are intermittently joining any network outside the scope of a local switch. This is absolutely ridiculous to need to contact a net admin to assign an reserved IP specifically for something you would throw in a road kit.

Whats the quick way to find the MAC of the NIC on this device? Why isn't there a sticker with it on the bottom of every device with a NIC? Gees, this is pretty frustrating.
David Anderson
Leading Edge Multimedia
https://leadingedgemultimedia.com
(888) 336-LEMM

jrandom

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 12:26 am

Thanks for the answers. All understood. I was hoping for the sake of consistency a request to add, that maybe dev would respond.

David_Anderson

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 1:38 am

Suggest you contact BM and request it as they don't actively monitor this forum.

Best,

David

jrandom wrote:Thanks for the answers. All understood. I was hoping for the sake of consistency a request to add, that maybe dev would respond.
David Anderson
Leading Edge Multimedia
https://leadingedgemultimedia.com
(888) 336-LEMM

Return to Live Production