Atem mini Pro camera control stopped working

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Tbaker

Atem mini Pro camera control stopped working

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi I have 4 BMPCC 4K hooked up to my Mini pro with fibe hdmi cables.. Everything has worked great as far as camera control till just the other day.. worked day before and then all of a sudden nothing.. My main use is to trigger record of all cameras during rehearsals and live performance in my studio.

Sometimes I need to replug an hdmi cable to get a camera to respond but using it the other day during a recording session it stopped working

I was using two new fiber cables to a different location but same type as all the others The originals worked but today nothing ive tried rebooting and resetting all cables etc

Thanks in advance for any help.. Ill keep futzing with it

Tbaker

Re: Atem mini Pro camera control stopped working

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 1:50 pm

Working again but not sure what the problem was . Not great when you just need it yo work

jperakis

PostSun May 30, 2021 9:25 am

Same set up and same issue for us. 5 BMPCC 4K, direct hdmi fiber connections, no splitter nor converter connected in between.

Latest Firmware (-1) on ATEM mini extreme pro iso and on cameras.

But some cameras losing remote control.

I have read someone had to unplug any other hdmi sources (eg computer), restart atem and camera, to get the control back.

We will try to first connect cameras, then other hdmi sources (eg computer), next time and see if it still happen.

Unfortunately so far we have not found any solution...
WECANLIVEonmars.com - innovation agency
WECANLIVEonmars.net - video network

fcormz

PostTue Jun 01, 2021 8:56 pm

I have the same issue...Extreme & PCC4k all up to date. After further tests it seems the camera control automatically stops as soon as input 8 is occupied. When I unplug my camera 8 source the problem is immediately resolved, but as soon as an hdmi goes into 8 it disconnects once again.

Return to Live Production