Studio Camera 4K Lens and LANC

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

VikingVideoGuy

Studio Camera 4K Lens and LANC

PostTue Apr 20, 2021 4:58 pm

I'm building a new studio on our campus for live streaming events. I already have a ATEM Studio Pro 4K switcher and Black Magic monitors. I now need cameras. I would really like to use the Studio Camera 4K but am REALLY struggling with what lens to put on them. I have a budget of $2000 per lens. I NEED them to have LANC control for zoom and focus for the camera operator. I've looked at the Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 45-175mm but is has a F/4-5 and I'm worried about it not being bright enough even under the studio lights. I have a Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 14-42 and really don't like it much, use it some on our BM Pocket 4K. Any help or suggestions would very appreciated! :)

Thanks, The Viking

K4Kasper

Re: Studio Camera 4K Lens and LANC

PostThu May 13, 2021 11:23 am

I have been posting the same question. My research so far has led me to the reality that it looks like the only effective solution is to add a MFT to B4 convertor and use a broadcast lens if you are want control for both zoom and focus. The LANC controllers only access one or the other at a time without having to flip a switch.

Return to Live Production