Web Presenter HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jwilder

Web Presenter HD

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 12:05 pm

I ordered a Web Presenter HD device almost a month ago and it's still on backorder. Any ideas when this device will be in stock again?

Steve Kanefsky

Re: Web Presenter HD

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 5:28 pm

jwilder wrote:I ordered a Web Presenter HD device almost a month ago and it's still on backorder. Any ideas when this device will be in stock again?
B&H just got a shipment yesterday but they must have all been used to fulfill preorders (either that or any extra stock sold out quickly).

jwilder

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 2:23 pm

Blackmagic Design still says the Web Presenter HD is available on their website. I've been waiting almost 2 months for my order. What's going on?

RPC_NewYork

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 5:56 pm

Chip shortages are impacting a lot of productions. I placed an order when the device was first announced at Adorama, and I finally found one on eBay from a small vendor in Colorado that had received five of them. So I would advise that you regularly scour eBay and Google to see if someone happens to get a small batch.

whdigital

PostSat Apr 17, 2021 3:19 pm

Chip shortages and shipping delays are indeed a real thing right now, but BMD seems to have a track-record for announcing things without anticipating demand OR supply chain accurately. Great products that we certainly don't want to see QC slip over rushing things, but how about a bit more transparency with customers during product launches vs. "shipping now and available everywhere" kind of nonsense??

jwilder

PostSun Apr 25, 2021 11:16 pm

Finally found one.

Peter Robbemond

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 8:22 pm

Lucky guy...

eddiekai

PostTue Apr 27, 2021 8:21 pm

jwilder wrote:Finally found one.

Where'd you source one? Still appears back ordered everywhere I've looked.

Steve Kanefsky

PostTue Apr 27, 2021 9:33 pm

eddiekai wrote:
jwilder wrote:Finally found one.

Where'd you source one? Still appears back ordered everywhere I've looked.
You'll always do better if you simply place an order rather than waiting for it appear as "in stock." Places will usually fulfill all their pending orders and only change the status to "in stock" if there are extras left over. So they could have received multiple shipments and sent them all out and the status on the website might still be something misleading like "new item coming soon." In fact that's exactly what the B&H status is right now even though they sent me one over six weeks ago.

Peter Robbemond

PostThu Apr 29, 2021 7:51 am

I ordered mine the day after the announcement, and still waiting for it to be delivered. So almost 3 months on backorder…

Steve Kanefsky

PostThu Apr 29, 2021 8:44 am

Peter Robbemond wrote:I ordered mine the day after the announcement, and still waiting for it to be delivered. So almost 3 months on backorder…
Did you order from B&H? I ordered the day of the announcement but I can't imagine that one day difference would result in more than six weeks difference in shipping time.

B&H never ceases to amaze me and often ships sooner to people who ordered much later than from other places. I guess they have more negotiating power and are able to get larger allocations even after adjusting for their larger number of customers. It may also be that some dealers play favorites and don't always ship on a first-come, first-served basis.

Peter Robbemond

PostThu Apr 29, 2021 10:03 am

No, I ordered from a local party here in the Netherlands.

Xtreemtec

PostSun May 02, 2021 4:35 pm

I ordered 10 units the moment they got announced in the live stream.

Just got the proforma from bmd Friday that they were ready to ship for me.

I’m Netherlands based and 3 units are still available for sale. 7 are already sold.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Peter Robbemond

PostWed May 05, 2021 12:17 pm

I got mine in today! I'm really happy. Now let's get to work :P

codedeltajames

PostWed May 05, 2021 2:11 pm

Guessing there's been a big batch released as mine also turned up today.

Charles_Lincoln

PostSat Jun 19, 2021 2:02 pm

BM has great products with great workflows, but the soft skills of this company suck to the high heavens. absolutely no idea when products will be available, seemingly not even a hint. If I wasn't already a black magic shop I would ditch these guys in a heartbeat.

To lay $40K in the table and then have them tell me virtually EVERYTHING is backordered with no idea when items might ship is just incompetent. I understand the chip shortage, I understand the difficulties of the 2021 supply chain. But for crying out loud COMMUNICATE with your sales teams / buyers.

Return to Live Production