Streaming bridge over local network?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Fornez

Streaming bridge over local network?

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 6:30 pm

Does the streaming bridge absolutely require an internet connection? Could I directly connect a streaming bridge to my ATEM Mini Pro and get a feed running through it? I'm thinking about running a conference with several mini pro's running to a mini Extreme and utilizing about 4 streaming bridges to run into the extreme. If I don't have to actually run them through internet then I won't have to eat up all that bandwidth.

Andy Coulthurst

Re: Streaming bridge over local network?

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 7:46 pm

Fornez wrote:Does the streaming bridge absolutely require an internet connection? Could I directly connect a streaming bridge to my ATEM Mini Pro and get a feed running through it? I'm thinking about running a conference with several mini pro's running to a mini Extreme and utilizing about 4 streaming bridges to run into the extreme. If I don't have to actually run them through internet then I won't have to eat up all that bandwidth.

I have used the streaming bridge over the local network. Seems fine. But this is via a switch and a network with a dhcp server. I have not tested a direct connection.

Fornez

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 8:37 pm

Andy Coulthurst wrote:
Fornez wrote:Does the streaming bridge absolutely require an internet connection? Could I directly connect a streaming bridge to my ATEM Mini Pro and get a feed running through it? I'm thinking about running a conference with several mini pro's running to a mini Extreme and utilizing about 4 streaming bridges to run into the extreme. If I don't have to actually run them through internet then I won't have to eat up all that bandwidth.

I have used the streaming bridge over the local network. Seems fine. But this is via a switch and a network with a dhcp server. I have not tested a direct connection.

ok and just to be super specific there wasn't anything hooked into that switch that was carrying internet/data?

thanks for the response!

Andy Coulthurst

PostThu Jun 24, 2021 5:19 am

Not quite sure what you are asking , the network itself has access to the internet , but there is no way for the streaming bridge the receive a video stream from the internet ( I would have had to configure the firewall to forward data from the internet to the streaming bridge ).
The source (in my case a web presenter HD ) and the streaming bridge are both on the same lan , there would be no real sense in the traffic routing out to the internet and back. ( they share the same subnet )

chromos

PostThu Jun 24, 2021 6:58 am

It is answered in original Blackmagic Design video here (and answer is YES):
DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.2.1.
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
HP Z2 G4 Workstation:
i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM DDR4
Quadro P2000 (512.78 driver)
M.2 500GB (system), SATA 3.0 500GB SSD, SATA 3.0 2TB 7200rpm

Fornez

PostThu Jun 24, 2021 7:29 pm

[/quote]

It is answered in original Blackmagic Design video here (and answer is YES):
[/quote]

Awesome! I watched that but I guess I forgot. So I'm guessing that I could "Stream" to the bridge using HyperDeck high and have zero issues? This looks like the perfect solution for what we want to do

Return to Live Production