Using a HDMI input to display a graphic from the media libra

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

DocFUNKist

Using a HDMI input to display a graphic from the media libra

PostWed Sep 22, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi All,

I'm new here and my question can seem very smart or very naive depending on how you look at it...

I have an Atem Mini Extreme and I was wondering if somehow (via BUS or something else) I can control the display of a single media image (from the media library) through one of the HDMI inputs (not via the input itself) just to control it via the input button.

Hope it makes sense ...

Thanks

Lance Lewis

Re: Using a HDMI input to display a graphic from the media l

PostThu Sep 23, 2021 2:01 am

Not 100% sure I know what you are asking, but here are some thoughts:

If you want to load a bunch of static image files into the media player and be able to access those with a button on the ATEM mini Extreme instead of by running the Control Software with the media tab open this is possible by a few simple methods:

1. You could set up a macro. The extreme gives you access to 6 macro buttons on the unit itself.

2. I believe there is a plugin for photoshop that if you were running photoshop on another computer on the same network as the ATEM you can place photos from photoshop directly to media player 1 or 2 (I believe)

NOTE: If you have more extensive media needs I would recommend running all media from a separate computer. I personally use Pro Presenter and can't say enough good things about how stable it is and how versatile it is. But it does come at a cost.
-Lance Lewis
Champion Video
www.ChampionVideoOnline.com
Neenah, WI

Return to Live Production