Input from Macbook lost when using Television Studio Pro HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mrryan9

Input from Macbook lost when using Television Studio Pro HD

PostFri Oct 15, 2021 12:13 pm

I'm having issues using an MacBook Pro (13in, late 2016) as an input with the Television Studio Pro HD.

I have discovered other posts reporting similar issues but no solution has worked for me.

When I connect the laptop by HDMI and ensure the display resolution and refresh rate are correct, it appears as an input for 5-10 seconds before it is lost. If I change the display settings to something else then back it will reappear but then again is lost.

I have attempted to adjust things using SwitchResX as well as through the standard settings but whatever I do I experience the same.

I have also used an Up/Down/Cross converter, outputting SDI at 1080p50, but experience the same issue.

The issue persists if using different HDMI inputs on the ATEM, as well as with different cables.

If I plug the laptop into an external monitor then it all works fine, and if I connect a windows machine to the ATEM, either directly with HDMI or through the converter (with the PC settings different) then it also works fine.

This leads me to think it must be something to do with the MacBook but I'm at a loss as to what, so any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan

ManchesterV

Re: Input from Macbook lost when using Television Studio Pro

PostFri Oct 15, 2021 7:58 pm

Does that laptop have an HDMI out or an adapter/dongle?
How long is the HDMI cable?

Harry Parker

Re: Input from Macbook lost when using Television Studio Pro

PostMon Oct 18, 2021 2:58 am

While I may be wrong, I would not be at all surprised if you were having HDCP errors. The fact you can get image if you are patched into a monitor but not into the ATEM... The monitor will support HDCP whereas the ATEM definitively does not support HDCP and won't reply to the handshake. So you get image for a couple of seconds until the HDCP handshake times out then black.

Return to Live Production