ATEM Mini Pro to vMix Audio Issues

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

OKCreateMedia

ATEM Mini Pro to vMix Audio Issues

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 3:48 pm

Hello,

I recently upgraded an ATEM Mini to an ATEM Mini Pro for one of my clients last week. We connect to our PC via USB-C with the Webcam Out port. We went to go stream on Sunday through vMix like we have done for the last year and a half, however this time we had no sound going to vMix. I had used the Mini Pro a week prior with no issue. The only thing that had changed was I installed ATEM Software Control to change the framerate of the ATEM so I could use Multiview. I notice there is sound going to the ATEM on Multiview, but it will not go to vMix.

I would love to change to ATEM SC and get away from vMix, but we don't have the ethernet setup yet for that and we most likely won't have that in before Sunday.

Is there any possible way to get the audio to route to vMix instead of ATEM SC? Video comes in fine to vMix, its just the audio that wont.

Thanks!

ManchesterV

Re: ATEM Mini Pro to vMix Audio Issues

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 6:36 pm

ATEM software control doesn't capture audio.

It's purely for control.

If you have any other software that handles audio such as Skype or Zoom open then it could be messing up vMix.

eug__k

Re: ATEM Mini Pro to vMix Audio Issues

PostSat Oct 30, 2021 9:05 pm

I've had that problem happen with the ATEM Mini Pro and vMix too. I had to remove the ATEM source from vMix and re-add it for audio to work again. If you don't want to interrupt the video you could also add the ATEM as a separate audio source.

Return to Live Production