Some camera control UI elements in ATEM software are blank

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Joshua Szanto

Some camera control UI elements in ATEM software are blank

PostTue Dec 07, 2021 1:41 am

We have been running on the latest 8.6.4 firmware with our ATEM Television Studio HD for some time now (about 1 month). This weekend a new problem suddenly happened and I am not sure the cause or why. If I disconnected the SDI cables from the ATEM switcher and power cycle the switcher, these UI elements are still blank. Reinstalling the software does not help.

PXL_20211204_221147292.jpg
PXL_20211204_221147292.jpg (218.41 KiB) Viewed 1429 times

The UI elements for Filter, Gain, and Balance are blank in the software UI for some cameras. In the photo below, Cam1, Cam2, Cam3, and Cam4 (far right barely pictured) are all SDI inputs 5,6,7,8. ApTV is an HDMI input. Cam1 (SDI Input 5) and Cam2 (SDI Input 6)

This is freakishly bizarre and doesn't seem to have a pattern. Hitting the left and right arrows on those blank UI elements does nothing. If I manually change the gain or balance on the Studio Camera (Cam1/SDI Input 5), the ATEM switcher almost immediately resets back to what it thinks it should be. With some experimentation it appears that the ATEM switcher is still honoring the values in the XML configuration file.

Now the only way I can modify the settings (gain, filter, and balance) is by editing the XML configuration file of the ATEM switcher and re-importing it into the ATEM software. It also doesn't make sense how Cam1 and Cam2 are using SDI inputs, are both Studio Cameras, and have the same cabling -- and that this is also affecting an HDMI Input (that we don't even ever do remote control on).

Asgeir Hustad

Re: Some camera control UI elements in ATEM software are bla

PostTue Dec 07, 2021 8:02 am

Try changing which camera the software thinks you are controlling in the Mapping Preferences. It may be that those controls are disabled for some of the models...? Still seems weird to me as well.

Joshua Szanto

PostThu Dec 23, 2021 1:20 am

What I had to do was go to File > Preferences > Mapping > completely unset/remove the affected camera > save changes > set the camera back.

By "unset" I mean setting the Button Input to "(none)" and Blackmagic Camera to "None".

So weird.

#caseClosed

JordanCXZ

PostSat Oct 14, 2023 3:22 pm

I still get this issue but only on Windows which is really weird. Its very inconvenient having to reset the mapping preferences over and over..

Return to Live Production