Recording isolated video with ATEM Mini PRO ISO - Ecamm

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

rtsnick

Recording isolated video with ATEM Mini PRO ISO - Ecamm

PostWed Dec 08, 2021 4:50 pm

So I have ATEM Mini Pro ISO with 4 cameras via HDMI. I HDMI Out to an external monitor, and USB Out to my computer where I use Ecamm to record and switch. I'm also hooked up via ethernet, but i somehow can't see the video on computer without USB. I want to record my Ecamm live feed, along with ISO file so I can fix my switches in post. Is this possible? If so how. I'm trying to do Zoom interviews, so I would need my subject to see me via computer, and again, would prefer there being a way where I can just record the isolated feed onto my computer or harddrive attached to computer.

I have a USB C harddrive (Samsung SSD QVO) and when i plug that into my ATEM it says Unformatted. Tried formatting to no avail. Do I need a different drive?

Thanks for the help

BennoZ

Re: Recording isolated video with ATEM Mini PRO ISO - Ecamm

PostWed Dec 08, 2021 9:22 pm

You can’t. You need the USB-C connector of your Atem to record ISO but you also need the same USB-C connector to feed the program to your computer.
You need the Atem Mini Extreme ISO to do this, this unit has 2 USB-C ports. I have exactly the same configuration but I use the intgrated interview mode of Ecamm instead of Zoom.
You can record your stream in Ecamm and afterwards place the recorded Ecamm file in sync with your ISO’s recorded from the Atem.

shenrods

Re: Recording isolated video with ATEM Mini PRO ISO - Ecamm

PostWed Dec 08, 2021 10:31 pm

I just saw a YouTube video that shows you how to do it. The key to the solution is using the Blackmagic Streaming Bridge. You run the ethernet network output of the atem mini pro iso into it - the streaming bridge gives you a clean HDMI output of the pro iso that can be run into an inexpensive HDMI capture card USB device on your laptop and into Zoom / OBS / etc.

He also offers a more refined solution that I use since I also had a ATEM Mini that I got before I bought the PRO ISO. This solves the problem without buying the Extreme.

Here is the link to the video:

The streaming bridge can solve a number of issues.

Chris

Return to Live Production