Total Novice...

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

cupprof

Total Novice...

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 6:06 am

What a great wealth of information provided by this forum! Thank you!! Being a total novice, I apologize for the beginner's questions I am and will ask. I am slowly learning via research and volunteers on how to upgrade my church's video capabilities. Our 1990s video equipment is ready to be replaced. We are ready to pull the trigger on a Blackmagic Atem TV Studio Pro, 3 PTZOptics 30x-SDI cameras, and a PTZOptics Gen 4 Joystick.

Does anyone have advice on compatibility or recommendations of our choices? Of course, our budget is tight. Thanks in advance!

Enjoy your day,
~ John

LouisBacker

Re: Total Novice...

PostTue Jan 25, 2022 12:47 pm

Consult with a professional video company to do the specification and install. They may also have solutions and methods you're unlikely aware of and could save you money and technical headaches further down the line. It's how we on this forum make a living.
2 x Sony FX9, 2 x Sony FX6, 6 x Ursa Broadcasts, 2 x Canon CR-N500 PTZeds with MRMC auto-tracking, ATEM CCU, ATEM TV Studio 4K. NewTek Tricaster TC1 and 460. Dataton Watchout, Reckeen 3D Studio & vMix 4K

robertsmu

PostTue Jan 25, 2022 4:20 pm

I would search these forums on the compatibility of the PZ Optics cameras and the ATEM gear before purchasing.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 9:35 am

PTZ optics and a lot of other chinese brands do not work in 1080P on BMD hardware as they cut cost to use a different serializer that is not SMPTE complaint...

Meaning if you want 1080P coming from your cameras, Stay away from PTZ optics or any other clone like that looks like it..

Sony, Panasonic and Lumens are the brands that produce cameras that DO work fine with BMD hardware!!
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

cupprof

PostThu Jan 27, 2022 6:09 pm

Thank you all for the input. I sure have found good stuff throughout this forum. Our installer is recommending BMD HDMI to SDI microconverters on the PTZOptics cameras to generate 1080p to the ATEM.

Enjoy the day,
~ John

Return to Live Production