UltraStudio 4K Mini not capturing video, just audio....

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

CoreyArnold

UltraStudio 4K Mini not capturing video, just audio....

PostThu Jan 27, 2022 4:01 am

Running new 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Max with "fully loaded" specs...using UltraStudio 4K Mini and Media Express - I see the video in the preview window when capturing via HMDI and I can see the audio meters registering audio. I capture the file, but it does not see to be capturing video, and I also noticed that the captured file has no duration - the only thing on the file captured is the audio. I am running the latest Desktop Video version, Desktop Video 12.2.2, and I have installed all old software before loading this one.

I tried the hardware on my older 2017 MacBook Pro running same version of software, OS, etc. and the clips capture fine with no issues, as they have in the past as I have used this combo of computer and capture hardware countless times - it captures audio and video perfectly and the file is fully intact and show duration, etc.

Is anyone else running in to this issue and can possibly shed some light if this is isolated to my new MacBook or if this is a broader issue - thanks for any help I can get!

Update to post above - I tried changing the "Capture File Format" to something other than a ProRes format, and it captured audio and video fine...switched back to ProRes, tried to capture, got same poor results as previously reported.

Corey Arnold
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 10.52.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 10.52.38 PM.png (364.37 KiB) Viewed 426 times

Return to Live Production