Atem mini extreme HDMI Out2 not work after update frimware

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mr_mohsen_rasouli

Atem mini extreme HDMI Out2 not work after update frimware

PostThu Mar 31, 2022 8:14 am

Hi.
3 days ago, after install last version Atem software control (ATEM Switchers 8.6.4 Update) and lunch that, the software notified to update AtemMiniExtreme. And I did it.
After update firmware, HDMI Out 2 didn't work. :(
I used HDMI Out 1 for Multiview And the other one to record program.

What can I do for fix this problem.
I really need both of them.

Jeff P

Re: Atem mini extreme HDMI Out2 not work after update frimwa

PostFri Apr 01, 2022 10:23 am

I'd delete the upgrade, reset the ATEM back to factory and re-install the software and firmware.

If that doesn't do it, I'd do the same reset, then re-install the last version that worked (before the update).

As a work-around you could record the program on a SSD via the USB output -- which would be my preferred way to record in the first place.

mr_mohsen_rasouli

PostSat Apr 02, 2022 9:59 am

Jeff P wrote:I'd delete the upgrade, reset the ATEM back to factory and re-install the software and firmware.

If that doesn't do it, I'd do the same reset, then re-install the last version that worked (before the update).

As a work-around you could record the program on a SSD via the USB output -- which would be my preferred way to record in the first place.

How can I reset factory and downgrade firmware? can you teach me step by step?
thanks

PedanticDan

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 12:18 am

My HDMI Out 2 has also stopped working, without any firmware update. The same monitor and cable work fine on HDMI Out 1. Other monitors that work with HMDI Out 1 do not work with HDMI Out 2.

I tried downgrading firmware to 8.6, that did not help. Updated back to the latest and that did not help.

The problem started yesterday as intermittent. Then by the end of the day, it just doesn't work at all.

I submitted a support request ... I haven't received a response.

[EDIT: I got a response from support. It looks like I may be sending to then for testing.

And to clarify, I tried all the different output 2 choices when HDMI Out 2 started flickering, and again when started going black randomly, and again when it stopped entirely.]
Last edited by PedanticDan on Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Foster

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 12:29 am

do you set it right?

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 02.28.18.jpg
Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 02.28.18.jpg (42.54 KiB) Viewed 2597 times
cMP 5.1 2x3,46/96GB/2x2TB SSD/4x4TB/7101A 4x2TB 970evo+/HP1344/BMD4k/RadeonVII
macOS 12.6.3
BMPCC 6k pro (7.9.1)
meike s35 cine 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm
resolve studio 18.1.4
mini panel
speed editor
desktop video 12.1
intensity pro 4k
atem extreme (8.6.1)

PedanticDan

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 4:52 am

Mark Foster wrote:do you set it right?

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 02.28.18.jpg

If you’re asking me, then yes.

Jeff P

PostSun Apr 24, 2022 10:52 am

mr_mohsen_rasouli wrote:How can I reset factory and downgrade firmware? can you teach me step by step?
thanks

Sorry for the late reply. Tutorial here:

Jeff P

PostSun Apr 24, 2022 11:01 am

PedanticDan wrote:My HDMI Out 2 has also stopped working, without any firmware update. The same monitor and cable work fine on HDMI Out 1. Other monitors that work with HMDI Out 1 do not work with HDMI Out 2.

I tried downgrading firmware to 8.6, that did not help. Updated back to the latest and that did not help.

The problem started yesterday as intermittent. Then by the end of the day, it just doesn't work at all.

I submitted a support request ... I haven't received a response.

[EDIT: I got a response from support. It looks like I may be sending to then for testing.

And to clarify, I tried all the different output 2 choices when HDMI Out 2 started flickering, and again when started going black randomly, and again when it stopped entirely.]

HDMI is not a very robust physical connection. I just had the HDMI port out go bad in my Panasonic camera... and that port is not used very often. And even when it is used, it's in a very controlled environment (in a studio, locked down on a tripod, with zero movement).

Try gently/slowly manipulating the HDMI connector while it's plugged in to see if the connection is intermittent. I'm not saying this is definitely your problem, but it's simple and free to try, and if nothing else will eliminate the physical HDMI port as the cause.

PedanticDan

PostTue Apr 26, 2022 2:58 am

Jeff P wrote:HDMI is not a very robust physical connection. I just had the HDMI port out go bad in my Panasonic camera... and that port is not used very often. And even when it is used, it's in a very controlled environment (in a studio, locked down on a tripod, with zero movement).

Try gently/slowly manipulating the HDMI connector while it's plugged in to see if the connection is intermittent. I'm not saying this is definitely your problem, but it's simple and free to try, and if nothing else will eliminate the physical HDMI port as the cause.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try pushing the connector to make sure it was seated all the way and that did not seem to have any effect.

I received an RMA this afternoon and it is boxed up and ready to ship tomorrow. I still have the PRO ISO model, so I can still work in the mean time.

PedanticDan

PostSat May 14, 2022 11:40 pm

I received a new Atem Mini EXTREME ISO yesterday. Blackmagic determined that the one I sent them was faulty, and they replaced it.

Jeff P

PostMon May 16, 2022 12:41 pm

PedanticDan wrote:I received a new Atem Mini EXTREME ISO yesterday. Blackmagic determined that the one I sent them was faulty, and they replaced it.

Thanks for posting back with an update!

Return to Live Production