UBG2 Lens Bug since Beta 7.8

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Mike Ambrose

UBG2 Lens Bug since Beta 7.8

PostThu May 19, 2022 4:47 pm

Ever since I installed the 7.8 update I've noticed a strange behavior with my lens (LA16x8BRM-XB1A)

Neither the focus ring, nor the on-camera iris control have any effect until I unplug the cable from the camera body and plug it back in. This is true regardless of whether I have CCU SDI in connected, am connected via the stream bridge, on battery vs wall adapter, etc.

Has anyone else noticed the same issue?

BennoZ

Re: UBG2 Lens Bug since Beta 7.8

PostSun May 22, 2022 8:22 pm

I’ve had the UMP G2 for two years and it never works: I always had to put the cable out and in, sometimes a few times. Now I’m having the Broadcast G2 and it’s a little better now but in most cases I have to put the cable out and in but only once, then it works. I e-mailed BM alot about thisbug but it’s never solved. Keep in mind it is not really a broadcast camera but a very cheap ‘clone’. I think you have to live with it, there are lot’s more bugs in this camera.
The focus peaking is also a big problem with this camera when recording in film modus. But that’s another thread :-)

Mike Ambrose

PostSun May 22, 2022 11:17 pm

Up until the update I'd never had an issue. It could be purely coincidental but wanted to see if anyone else had experienced the same thing. Thanks for sharing your experience.

BennoZ

PostMon May 23, 2022 8:24 am

By the way it’s easy to check if it works: if you power on the camera and see no iris number in the display it doesn’t work and you have to reconnect the lens cable :-)

Return to Live Production