ATEM Television Studio HD - Propresenter 7 Issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ILoveMadoka

ATEM Television Studio HD - Propresenter 7 Issue

PostThu May 19, 2022 1:27 am

ATEM Television Studio HD - Propresenter 7 Connectivity Issue

I have an ATEM Television Studio HD with two Panasonic HVX200ap cameras connected via SDI.
They are all working together perfectly.
I want to add a video signal from a macbook via thunderbolt to HDMI into the ATEM for a separate
video signal (it's not an overlay) I want to be able to switch to it like it was a third camera.

I cannot get the ATEM to "see" the signal coming from the mac/PP 7.
The preview is black. It seems to not be recognized at all.

Is there a trick to getting this to work?

Thanks!

Asgeir Hustad

Re: ATEM Television Studio HD - Propresenter 7 Issue

PostFri May 20, 2022 2:55 pm

Make sure the Mac is set to the correct resolution AND refresh rate. Macs and PCs tend to default to 60Hz.

ILoveMadoka

PostFri May 20, 2022 7:14 pm

What is the "correct" resolution and refresh rate?

Asgeir Hustad

PostFri May 20, 2022 10:25 pm

The one you've configured the ATEM to use. If the TVS HD has built-in scalers you might not need to do that.

MacOS' System Preferences -> Displays will let you diagnose whether the Mac actually sees the display and what video settings you are sending to the ATEM.

tyler71385

PostTue Jul 19, 2022 1:00 am

I'm running an ATEM Studio HD. Which has served us well. One of my volunteers updated the iMac we run Propresenter on. My setup had been working well up to that point. I have a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter running an HDMI Feed into the ATEM, which is setup for 1080i59.64. I have (2) PTZ Optics remote cameras on SDI & 1 Sony on HDMI. The cameras are all working fine. I'm checking my resolution on the HDMI adapter on the Mac but I can't get it to change back to 1080i. So as a test I changed the ATEM to 1080p restarted the adapter, but still have no signal to the ATEM. The projector that is on the same output has signal that is ok, so the adapter is working. Propresenter 6, but my desktop isn't even showing.

superscout

PostTue Sep 27, 2022 4:38 pm

@Tyler Brown - I am curious how you have your ATEM TV Studio HD connected to your iMAC/PC. Do you use a USB 2.0 cable? Or do you go thru the Ethernet port of the switcher? I am using a Win10 Laptop to connect to a Cisco switch that serves a a private hub for all of my BDM devices. ProPresenter cannot see the ATEM switcher. It only sees the laptop screen or external monitor.

Thanks,
Ron Thomas aka SuperScout

Return to Live Production